Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ether2802 said:
waninkoko said:
The release of cIOS source (DIP plugin) depends on WiiGator. If he is ok in releasing the sources, I'll release them.

I wouldn't say release the source, cause not many people know what to do with it, but just to give it to WiiPower, so he can find and try to fix some tinny bugs and stuff, I really don't see why we would need a new cIOS, there is no game worth of playing with issues, but you know how kids behave when you give them candy.....!!!
tongue.gif

I have to disagree, if they release the code to the public, people like u and me wont know what to do with it (So naturally we'll wait around for some1 to release a binary that does know what they're doing). So only those competent enough to work on will actually do so. The source code should be made available to everyone, not just wiipower (no offense wiipower, ur awesome). Besides, aren't a million heads better than one?

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
waninkoko said:
This is enough...

As I said, I LEFT the scene. Yes, I LEFT it. Anyway, I thought I should release a rev15, to fix DL bug and other things. I just tried to make a better cIOS, despite I don't have many free time to work on this and I cannot test my stuff anymore.

I gave rev15 to some testers. WiiPower was the only one that found a bug. I couldn't find out why this bug occurs (and why only occurs in neogamma), it has no sense. I tried to fix it with no luck (I had to rewrite some code only to see if the bug was gone).

I release rev15 and I find a bunch of people saying things I didn't expect, specially after I've been working on this despite I left the scene.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm out, and this time is forever.

PS: This is not because of WiiPower. I would really like to fix that issue.
congrats you have now learned about the internet and all its drama/idiocy (and youre not hanging around on the most smartest place on the internet. nice move)

how do you feel? pissed off? let down? like a retard?

also, in b4 "what an ass" , "you have no feelings" , etc etc etc. i know whats going on in his head
been there done that (fucking schtserv)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
waninkoko said:
This is enough...

As I said, I LEFT the scene. Yes, I LEFT it. Anyway, I thought I should release a rev15, to fix DL bug and other things. I just tried to make a better cIOS, despite I don't have many free time to work on this and I cannot test my stuff anymore.

I gave rev15 to some testers. WiiPower was the only one that found a bug. I couldn't find out why this bug occurs (and why only occurs in neogamma), it has no sense. I tried to fix it with no luck (I had to rewrite some code only to see if the bug was gone).

I release rev15 and I find a bunch of people saying things I didn't expect, specially after I've been working on this despite I left the scene.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm out, and this time is forever.

PS: This is not because of WiiPower. I would really like to fix that issue.
congrats you have now learned about the internet and all its drama/idiocy (and youre not hanging around on the most smartest place on the internet. nice move)

how do you feel? pissed off? let down? like a retard?

also, in b4 "what an ass" , "you have no feelings" , etc etc etc. i know whats going on in his head
been there done that.

Yeah, stop being an ass.

Cool story though, bro.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rfire said:
Summary: Nintendo wins, fair use loses. The precious right to back up your investments and use those back ups will come to end soon. Sure, you'll be able to back up Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the 2010/2011 Zelda and other new games, but you won't be able to boot them because of the DRM within them.

All the players are leaving the Wii scene and the ultimate victim in this is the fundamental right to make one (1) back up copy of software you own.

Thank you for your efforts, Waninkoko. Without your custom IOSes I for one would not have been able to protect my investments and I would have been unable to play games as of January when my Wii's disc drive stopped being able to read discs. I have enjoyed exercising my fair use rights but like all good things they come to an end. Farewell and good luck on your future endeavors and journeys.

What a load of sychophantic drivel! Get your Wii drive fixed, then you'll be able to play all your "investments"! Protecting your investments? What a pile of twaddle!

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just want to say thank you wannin for all your efforts, wannin and other key members in the scene keeping a multi million pound company rattling their brains trying to combat the errors wannin twizzers and other key members found.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some odd reason of which I can't explain I deleted it from the drive and now every time I try to rerip it (using Rev 14 or 15) I get stopped around 52.8% done with an error of Ret= -1. Could installing Hermes 222 (or 23) have something to do with this. And BTW how would I rip using somethign other than 249?
Covarr said:
dlf said:
If the bug in Brawl was fixed, why after trying to play some of Sub-Space do I get a black screen and have to pull the plug on my wii?
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
and yes I am using rev 15 . . .
If you ripped brawl using rev 14, then you'll need to re-rip it. This bug affected ripping AND playing of dual-layer games.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What loader are you using to rip? I've had no issues ripping with CFG loader using Hermes 222, but it'll let you use whichever cIOS you want.

MaGnUmKiLLa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so you're all showing how wide your vaginas are right now. If Waninkoko wants to leave just because some people are trash talking him, I say let him. The guy has done an amazing amount of work for the wii-hacking scene, no doubt. Without him, we'd all be in a lot worse shape than we are right now. I can't say that justifies us all being afraid like this though.

Are we just suppose to sit here and not say anything negative to him? "Oh, don't say that. He'll get pissed and leave." I'm not going to just sit here in fear because he keeps threatening to take off. Waninkoko's last couple of Cios's have had issues. Can we all agree on that? He pumps out cios's that are broken and don't do what they should but, we're not suppose to say anything because he might make another cios that probably won't work either.

If he wants to keep making stuff and improving on his work then, please, by all means guy. I just don't want to see you getting on here and throwing your little world class pissy fits just because we're pointing out to you that your shit is broke. Ya know what? Impress me. Make a cios that works, does what all it's suppose to and, fixes several known problems that you're blatantly ignoring. Give the haters nothing to work with and, no one will have anything to bitch about.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
Ok, so you're all showing how wide your vaginas are right now. If Waninkoko wants to leave just because some people are trash talking him, I say let him. The guy has done an amazing amount of work for the wii-hacking scene, no doubt. Without him, we'd all be in a lot worse shape than we are right now. I can't say that justifies us all being afraid like this though.

Are we just suppose to sit here and not say anything negative to him? "Oh, don't say that. He'll get pissed and leave." I'm not going to just sit here in fear because he keeps threatening to take off. Waninkoko's last couple of Cios's have had issues. Can we all agree on that? He pumps out cios's that are broken and don't do what they should but, we're not suppose to say anything because he might make another cios that probably won't work either.

If he wants to keep making stuff and improving on his work then, please, by all means guy. I just don't want to see you getting on here and throwing your little world class pissy fits just because we're pointing out to you that your shit is broke. Ya know what? Impress me. Make a cios that works, does what all it's suppose to and, fixes several known problems that you're blatantly ignoring. Give the haters nothing to work with and, no one will have anything to bitch about.

I am not flaming you, can you do a better job? if not then be quiet

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think Hermes, WiiPower and oggzee are the most active developers that still enjoy the challenges that code for the Wii offers.

Please, Mr. Waninkoko, release the source at least for these three fellas.

And thanks for everything so far.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
OncleJulien said:
why are so many people associated with this scene seemingly made of the most delicate of blown glass?

Elaborate.

I would be pretty pissed too if people started bitching and insulting me because my latest free offering had a small hiccup. Don't blame it on the maker, blame it on those who bite the hand that feed.
So, on a forum with however many thousands of members, you wouldn't expect there to be a few ungrateful shitstains, and because of those few ungrateful shitstains, you'd punish the remaining however many thousands of members? That's appallingly pathetic.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Skizzo said:
Guild McCommunist said:
OncleJulien said:
why are so many people associated with this scene seemingly made of the most delicate of blown glass?

Elaborate.

I would be pretty pissed too if people started bitching and insulting me because my latest free offering had a small hiccup. Don't blame it on the maker, blame it on those who bite the hand that feed.
So, on a forum with however many thousands of members, you wouldn't expect there to be a few ungrateful shitstains, and because of those few ungrateful shitstains, you'd punish the remaining however many thousands of members? That's appallingly pathetic.
a few?!
haha

what a joke

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were all you nay sayers I would shut the fuck up. I'm officially confirming New Super Mario Bros. will work on a disc without a modchip with cIOS rev15. I've been playing it for a few hours without a single freeze, hiccup, burp, or fart. Go try it yourself. Use uLoader 3.1 and cIOS rev15 and then you can stop complaining.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
OncleJulien said:

Imagine spending time away from friends and family to do something for complete strangers only to have them slag you off and moan about the very thing you have spent a lot of time on. I am surprised he lasted as long as he did but when NINTY manage to find a way to manufacture games that need a new revision then the same people here moaning about his work will be the same ones moaning that it is no longer working and then they will be shouting and screaming for somebody else to start doing it then crying if they dont and all the while THEY will be the ones responsible for it not being updated with thier stoopid selfish childish behaviour.

Thanks to Waninkoko for everything he has done
By your logic, Nintendo would have a very simple way of fighting homebrew & piracy. Simply send out a small group (how many have actually done what you've said in this thread?) of 'stoopid selfish childish' behaving members to diss all the developers of said apps and voilà, the end of homebrew and piracy!
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnioMarcos said:
I think Hermes, WiiPower and oggzee are the most active developers that still enjoy the challenges that code for the Wii offers.

No, not for ogze, this asshole doesn't care for open-source and GPl and such stuff.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
EnioMarcos said:

Please dude...STFU...
There wouldnt be any USB Loaders if not for waninkoko and kwirk (between others).
With no disregard for wiipower's and hermes (for their excelent work) and oggzee in another "thread" since it's active work is been only reflected on CFg USB Loader.

Wether you remember it or not...Waninkoko F****ng rules.

PS: it's because such nonsenses that waninkoko prefers to leave the scene...rather than spent his time working for you guys... Whatever ppl.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
By your logic, Nintendo would have a very simple way of fighting homebrew & piracy. Simply send out a small group (how many have actually done what you've said in this thread?) of 'stoopid selfish childish' behaving members to diss all the developers of said apps and voilà, the end of homebrew and piracy!
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

No I think you will find the small group runs into thousands of posts over many boards. GBATEMP is not the only Wii board posting these revisions and by no means is it the largest. It represents a small amount of people that are actively using Homebrew so multiply the negative feedback here by 50X and you get an idea of how many negative replies Waninkoko recieves for his time and effort. One complaint is bad enough but thousands would certainly make him see that there is no point in carrying on helping a vast unnapreciative group of people who do nothing but moan when 99% of the time they cant get a game to work is actually down to them and nothing to do with him..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte