damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi everyone,

I'm glad that a lot of people like my cIOSCORP v3.x.

But it still has some bugs.

Here are some off the top of my head:
1. Only SystemMenu IOS & IOS36 have Dual layer disc support, as they use cIOS249 rev12's DIP, due to cIOS249 rev14's DIP lacking it.
2. Because of IOS36 using rev12's DIP, Mario Kart Wii gives #001 error when burnt onto a DVD-R, as rev14 is the only DIP that properly fixes #001 error.
3. RawkSD does not seem to be compatible with my cIOS37
4. ES_DiVerify (ES_Identify) patch only allows identification as SU, but not SystemMenu.

As you can see, the first bug can be a big problem with compatibility, especially for users with Metroid Prime Trilogy, and also if later games are released on a Dual Layer disc.

Bug 4 seems to annoy people who use AnyTitleDeleter (but it doesn't bother me).

Bug 3 should be (AFAIK) easy to fix, provided I know what patch I have to apply.

Bugs 1 & 2 can only be fixed by modifying rev14's DIP module, and bug 4 can only be fixed by modifying the IOS kernel.

AFAIK the rev14's DIP bugs may have something to do with the disc read/cache timings.
I have already messaged waninkoko regarding the bugs in rev14's DIP (but I'm not sure if I'll get a response...)
I have already messaged AerialX about the RawkSD patch. (haven't got a reply just yet)

So... does anybody else able to disassemble and/or hack IOS modules?
Is anybody able to change the timings inside rev14's DIP module back to that of an older DIP module?
Is anybody able to change the ES_DiVerify function to allow identification as SU and SystemMenu?
Or even better, remove whatever is stopping it?

I am also working on Korean Wii and disc support too.
I have already messaged QLeap (the guy who added korean wii and disc support to AnyregionChanger), and I have already added korean key support to most of the IOS for the next cIOSCORP. BTW, can anybody PM me the Korean EULA wad? (It is not on NUS)

If you can do any of these things, please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
da_letter_a

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could help I would, you might try to PM WiiPower as he seems to know a hell of a lot about this stuff.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
da_letter_a said:
1. Only SystemMenu IOS & IOS36 have Dual layer disc support, as they use cIOS249 rev12's DIP, due to cIOS249 rev14's DIP lacking it.
2. Because of IOS36 using rev12's DIP, Mario Kart Wii gives #001 error when burnt onto a DVD-R, as rev14 is the only DIP that properly fixes #001 error.
4. ES_DiVerify (ES_Identify) patch only allows identification as SU, but not SystemMenu.

1:
Use another dip module for IOS36, choices are:
rev7: only SL, perfect 001 patch, no 002 patch(good)
rev8-12+13b: DL supoort, bad 001/002 patch
rev11: ? (maybe the same as rev12)
rev12: broken 001 patch in combination with disc channel or Sam & Max fix
rev13a: no 002 patch
rev14: broken DL support

I don't know about the gamecube issues. And i don't know which IOS is used to load the main.dol when starting a game from disc channel. Test with a 002b game:
The IOS the game uses has to have rev13a, 14 or 7 dip module. Try rev13a and rev13b for the system menu IOS, if both work then you don't need to worry about the bad 001/002 patches, if rev13b freezes with a green screen, it's a mess.

2:
see 1

3:
I don't know how it works, does it use dip patched IOS37 or just a trucha + ES_Idenitfy patched IOS37? It allows to play customs from sd card right? If i knew how it works and not what you need to install/run, i could tell you more(i hope).

4:
That's wrong. I thought the same for quite a long time. On new IOS, ES_Idenitfy is partly broken, you can only use it once per IOS Reload. If you do an IOS Reload in ATD between both Idenitfies, it works. I'm just too lazy to write another ATD mod, there are too many already anyways.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
da_letter_a said:

1:
Use another dip module for IOS36, choices are:
rev7: only SL, perfect 001 patch, no 002 patch(good)
rev8-12+13b: DL supoort, bad 001/002 patch
rev11: ? (maybe the same as rev12)
rev12: broken 001 patch in combination with disc channel or Sam & Max fix
rev13a: no 002 patch
rev14: broken DL support

I don't know about the gamecube issues. And i don't know which IOS is used to load the main.dol when starting a game from disc channel. Test with a 002b game:
The IOS the game uses has to have rev13a, 14 or 7 dip module. Try rev13a and rev13b for the system menu IOS, if both work then you don't need to worry about the bad 001/002 patches, if rev13b freezes with a green screen, it's a mess.

2:
see 1

3:
I don't know how it works, does it use dip patched IOS37 or just a trucha + ES_Idenitfy patched IOS37? It allows to play customs from sd card right? If i knew how it works and not what you need to install/run, i could tell you more(i hope).

4:
That's wrong. I thought the same for quite a long time. On new IOS, ES_Idenitfy is partly broken, you can only use it once per IOS Reload. If you do an IOS Reload in ATD between both Idenitfies, it works. I'm just too lazy to write another ATD mod, there are too many already anyways.

about part 4... i was informed yesterday on bootmii that the whole hackmii installer problems with cioscorps comes partly from problems with the ES_identify

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i actually love rev 11 for an alternitive its better than rev 12 on my 3.2 anyhow
smile.gif
so if hermes 222/223 loaders or rev 14 under ios249 wont work i just go down to rev 11 to check because it seems to play anything!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vettacossx said:
i actually love rev 11 for an alternitive its better than rev 12 on my 3.2 anyhow
smile.gif
so if hermes 222/223 loaders or rev 14 under ios249 wont work i just go down to rev 11 to check because it seems to play anything!

And what do disc channel and NeoGamma say about your rev11? Rev12 does not work with them, i saw that 20 min after the release. But i don't know if that issue was introduced in rev11, i never had that installed.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
da_letter_a said:

If you go into Preloader and change the System Menu IOS to 36 no games will give a 001 error anymore.

Tested with a Mario Kart DVD-R, booktype not set to anything different. On System Menu 3.2U.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unfortune said:
da_letter_a said:

If you go into Preloader and change the System Menu IOS to 36 no games will give a 001 error anymore.

Tested with a Mario Kart DVD-R, booktype not set to anything different. On System Menu 3.2U.

You have that cioscorp version with rev12 dip module in IOS36 installed and are able to play Mario Kart from disc channel??? Sorry, that's confusing, could you please triple check that that's really what you did?

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
WiiPower said:
Unfortune said:
da_letter_a said:

You have that cioscorp version with rev12 dip module in IOS36 installed and are able to play Mario Kart from disc channel??? Sorry, that's confusing, could you please triple check that that's really what you did?

yeah.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortune said:
WiiPower said:
Unfortune said:
da_letter_a said:

yeah.
the hell?
this thread is not for 12 year olds. dont waste space.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
xzxero said:
Unfortune said:
WiiPower said:
Unfortune said:
da_letter_a said:

yeah.
the hell?
this thread is not for 12 year olds. dont waste space.

HEY! ARE you racist to 12 year olds?

ITS TRUE! thats what i did with cioscorp v3.3 and its working fine ~~~

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha no im ageist.
this thread was made to help make cioscorp better
if you are no help, then be gone.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unfortune said:
Unfortune said:
WiiPower said:
Unfortune said:
da_letter_a said:

yeah.
[...]
ITS TRUE! thats what i did with cioscorp v3.3 and its working fine ~~~

And i thought 3.4 is the version with the rev12 dip on IOS36...What about triple checking did you not understand?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually if you can (and believe you can) change the source of the Hermes's cIOS installer, then you can install the merge 36/37 as IOS37 and that might make the RawkSD to work properly...!!
biggrin.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what sucks is... to use rawkSD i have to use ciocorpsV2... it's so annyoing... let me know if you got a fix... i can't help so i'm out...

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the replies everyone. You've been very helpful.

@WiiPower:
Thanks for the infos. I will try out the test you posted.

Also:
1. waninkoko messaged me back, saying that he has fixed the DIP module, but his cIOS249 is still going through testing for bugs etc.
yay.gif

2. as above ^
3. ?
4. I can't believe it was that simple! (waninkoko told me about this in his message too). I believe RedSquirrel has already updated his ATD MOD to support this.

I can't exactly test out any RawkSD stuff, as:
1. the patcher requires wifi, my Wii currently doesn't have that
2. I don't have Rock band

@DJPlace
You said you got RawkSD working with cIOS37 from cIOSCORP v2?
After installing cIOSCORP v2, did you have to run the patcher again, or did it just... work fine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY