OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the situation

1. Softmodded the wii way back when using twilight to install back-up loaders

2. Made a nand back up via bootmii. (regularly before risky installs)

3. Reluctantly installed cIOScorp (for Rockband)

4. Figured out other RB running methods, and restored nand from before cIOScorp.

5. Now... my Wii recognizes backups from the Disc Channel

So... my question is... can cIOScorp possibly effect my wii even though my wii was restored to a state before cIOScorp was installed? Or has some other hack made it possible for the disc channel to read back ups?

War Destroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for a fact, that I didnt restore a nand with cIOScorp on it. I didnt make a back-up after installing cIOScorp, since I knew it had bad feedback and didnt plan on keeping it installed.

For clarification, can cIOScorp effect your wii in any way that cannot be reversed by a nand restore to a state before it was installed.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOSCORPS v1/v2 or the newer ones by dalettera will be wiped from your Wii if you really did restore a backup of your nand that truly did not have cIOSCORPS on it!

it's the truth no way can it survive...
if you want to just remove cioscorps just get the uninstaller...

-kitt05038

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cIOSCORP is reversible.
Using the cIOSCORP v3.x uninstaller will remove it.
A NAND backup without cIOSCORP on it will remove it without question.

If you restored to a NAND backup and still had cIOSCORP installed afterward, then that means that you had cIOSCORP installed when you made the NAND backup, meaning you put cIOSCORP into the NAND backup.

If you want to remove cIOSCORP, just download and run the cIOSCORP v3.x Uninstaller.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
War Destroyer said:
Here's the situation

will it play them tho? just because the disc channel can see the game doesnt always meen you can play it

all my PAL backups show up in the disc channel and i dont have corp installed, never have but once start is selected i get a disk error

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1:1 disc backups (or close enough) will often display the correct title and banner information on an unmodified disc channel. They just won't boot.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pepxl said:
War Destroyer said:
Here's the situation

will it play them tho? just because the disc channel can see the game doesnt always meen you can play it

all my PAL backups show up in the disc channel and i dont have corp installed, never have but once start is selected i get a disk error

Your System Menu IOS may be 'corped', but the rest of your IOS are not.

QUOTE(Szalkow @ Jan 13 2010, 02:25 PM)
1:1 disc backups (or close enough) will often display the correct title and banner information on an unmodified disc channel. They just won't boot.
Nope. The system menu IOS must be 'corped' to display in the disc channel.

War Destroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It DOES play them. lol.

Thanks guys! My only option now is that some other hack lets me play back ups. I wonder what it was. lol. Maybe like priiloader or something.

ZackyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably installed an old version of CIOSCorp when you did the twilight hack way back when. If you followed a softmod guide then it'd probably have told you to install CIOSCorp.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slimmmmmm said:
QUOTE said:
The system menu IOS must be 'corped' to display in the disc channel.

To display the name and banner in the disc channel the SystemMenu IOS only needs to have trucha.

It won't read a dvd-r without something in IOS being patched. Preloader might be set to boot system menu with cios, or there might be a modchip.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
smf said:
Slimmmmmm said:
QUOTE said:
The system menu IOS must be 'corped' to display in the disc channel.

To display the name and banner in the disc channel the SystemMenu IOS only needs to have trucha.

It won't read a dvd-r without something in IOS being patched. Preloader might be set to boot system menu with cios, or there might be a modchip.

Um... did you read what I posted ?

The system menu IOS only needs the trucha bug, either as an older version (so unpatched but containing the bug), or a patched newer version (N removed the trucha exploit).

It doesn't require a dip patch to display the banner.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It doesn't require a dip patch to display the banner.
tueidj is correct...I have a trucha'd IOS60 & 4.0, and I can't see my 1:1 elebits backup (only DVD backup I have).

The DVD Video functions were never meant to be used once N decided to abandon the idea of adding movie playback, so a stock Nintendo IOS contains no code to support the commands.

If he can still play backups after restore, he either has a chip that he doesn't know about, his backup never restored, or the backup was made post-CORPing.

Regardless, just run UNCORP or the official uninstaller pack and be done with it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
The DVD Video functions were never meant to be used once N decided to abandon the idea of adding movie playback, so a stock Nintendo IOS contains no code to support the commands.
Actually it does - an app/game just has to have the correct flag set in its TMD, like DVDX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    ken me fucking tooooo omg
    kick in the head fr
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was one of the last production runs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm debating on rp4 pro or xreals atm
    my 3DS has seen some shit ITS KINDA bad assssss lmao its all fucked up on the shell but hardware is perfect so it kinda goes hard
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh shit, I don't know if I've ever seen that galaxy 3DS. THat's cool as hell, wish I had one
    @HiradeGirl Nice sounds super chill <3
    lemme find a pic
    its so goofd
    good*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Either the snes or galaxy one I had my eye on use to have a Zelda ds xl but traded it like ten years ago for Wii u had I known what Nintendo would've done with it never would've made the deal
    look at that fucking thing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can buy a shell for the galaxy but probably a clone
    +1
    reshelling a 3ds sounds so so so so so so painful tbh
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's what I hate about youtube oh look how easy I make this look stfu it's painful
    +1
    LMAOOOOO like STFU John the youtuber guy
    I know you suffered replacing this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @PandaPandel, OG 3DS is -not- fun to put back together, and that's coming from someone who at the time was pretty familiar with reassembling DS Lites. Total pain in the ass, and screws of varying length that'll poke through the face surface of the bottom half of the shell if you put the wrong screw in the wrong spot. Totally not talking from experience there, nope
    the HINGES are what made me never want to open mine up
    Like oh my god
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ribbon cables are so fragile you can snap the black lock down piece and be sol
    +1
    I would break mine so fast lmao im way too much of a bimbo for that deadass no way
    look at my 3ds one sec
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just replacing the back isn't that painful not sure about the upper back piece
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just replacing the back isn't that painful not sure about the upper back piece