Hacking cios_installer or cios_fix.wad - what's the difference?

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my noobness, I searched this site but still am unsure about this.

What is the difference between the CIOS_Installer.dol application and the cios_fix.wad?

At the end of the day, is the end result the same, meaning the installation of cIOS36_rev7 on the system?

BIG MOEs gamma installer and DJTAZ's gamma installer both have the cios_fix.wad AND the cIOS_Installer.dol application.

What is the difference, and under what circumstances should one or the other be used?

Thank you.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
paulstevens said:
Forgive my noobness, I searched this site but still am unsure about this.

What is the difference between the CIOS_Installer.dol application and the cios_fix.wad?

At the end of the day, is the end result the same, meaning the installation of cIOS36_rev7 on the system?

BIG MOEs gamma installer and DJTAZ's gamma installer both have the cios_fix.wad AND the cIOS_Installer.dol application.

What is the difference, and under what circumstances should one or the other be used?

Thank you.
I'm going to clear this once again !! Cios_fix is used in preparing your Wii to downgrade from 3.3 and 3.4 so you can freely hack the crap out of it , and it installs under IOS249
wink.gif

Cios36_rev7 is made by waninkoko and have the Gamma and homebrew support and it's used after your Wii is hacked and ready to run homebrew and loaders on it
wink.gif

regardless how and from what do you install it each coder or compiler have his own preferred way and style , so it's up to you to see what are you comfortable with
wink.gif
good luck

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for clarifying. Sorry I did not find it or understand it before.

You guys are terrific. Thank you for your patience.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The difference is the revision number, for backup launching you want rev7 (the latest cIOS installer) and for whatever you can use the rev5 (cios_fix) too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1