Country
United States
Following is my setup

NTSC Wii with 4.0 firmware
cIOS38_rev13
USB Loader GX rev516
NeoGamma R3 (channel)
NeoGamma R4 (dol loading via HBC)

For the life of me, I can't figure out why some games work with default settings and for other I have mess with video patch, 002 fix, force video setting to make them work other wise, either I get a black screen or in Neogamma case it crashes at "Launching game". Before I installed cIOS38_rev13 almost all of my games worked via USB Loader GX without any problems. I installed cIOS38_rev13 to play Ghostbusters and now I'm stuck with another problem.

Can anybody please tell me what settings I should use to make ALL (or at least most games) play ? Because specially for kids its impossible to play Wii if they have to mess with setting everytime they want to play a game.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ajamils said:
Following is my setup

NTSC Wii with 4.0 firmware
cIOS38_rev13
USB Loader GX rev516
NeoGamma R3 (channel)
NeoGamma R4 (dol loading via HBC)

For the life of me, I can't figure out why some games work with default settings and for other I have mess with video patch, 002 fix, force video setting to make them work other wise, either I get a black screen or in Neogamma case it crashes at "Launching game". Before I installed cIOS38_rev13 almost all of my games worked via USB Loader GX without any problems. I installed cIOS38_rev13 to play Ghostbusters and now I'm stuck with another problem.

Can anybody please tell me what settings I should use to make ALL (or at least most games) play ? Because specially for kids its impossible to play Wii if they have to mess with setting everytime they want to play a game.

thats why u r supposed to buy the games

ajamils

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisf said:
thats why u r supposed to buy the games

Thank you for a very helpful reply.
mad.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
All your games should work, you only need to select the 002 fix option for games that require it.
Leave it set to off in GX settings. Click a game to play, then when the spinning disc appears select settings from this new window.
Adjust your settings. ie if the game requires a 002 turn it on or if you need to select a different video mode do so.
Then select Save from the bottom left.
This will save this games settings, you won't need to do it again and you can do this for the rest of your games if they need it.

ajamils

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
All your games should work, you only need to select the 002 fix option for games that require it.
Leave it set to off in GX settings. Click a game to play, then when the spinning disc appears select settings from this new window.
Adjust your settings. ie if the game requires a 002 turn it on or if you need to select a different video mode do so.
Then select Save from the bottom left.
This will save this games settings, you won't need to do it again and you can do this for the rest of your games if they need it.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I know how the settings work, its just that I don't know which games require what settings to be changed. Like which game requires 002 fix and which one requires video fix. Is there a guide anywhere about this information ?

natari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me like the newer games are requiring the 002 fix to be turned on. I loaded up Rampage last night and found that I needed to turn on the VideoPatch .. I think its a trial by error until someone comes up with a huge list.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I saw a list around but I cannot remember.
If you need to 002 fix the game, you will get a blue screen 002 error if it needs it.
For Vidpatch or Video force modes if you have NTSC Wii and the game is also you can leave it as console default.
If the games are PAL try Force NTSC, vidpatch with or with out. You could try different settings until it works. I know is a pain in the hole but a good hour and you could have saved all your game settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la