Hacking cIOS USB2 Released!!!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my problem, it seems the internet connection was too slow for it.

As soon as I turned of every bandwidth sucking app, everything downloaded and installed fine.

What IOS does this install as?

EDIT: Nevermind its 202.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
you have to use iosdowngrader first................this 100% works

I so knew this was going to be the answer. I guess I just didn't want it to be. So I understand that IOS downgrader connects to the internet and re-enables trucha by reverting the IOSes to their pre-Nintendo patched forms. Am I right in believing that I don't get to select the IOSes to be downgraded? Is it really safe to downgrade all the IOSes with 4.0 installed?

Please tell me that IOS60 isn't one of the ones that needs to be patched, although the same feeling that I got before you said IOS downgrader I get now.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackEnigma said:
kongsnutz said:

I so knew this was going to be the answer. I guess I just didn't want it to be. So I understand that IOS downgrader connects to the internet and re-enables trucha by reverting the IOSes to their pre-Nintendo patched forms. Am I right in believing that I don't get to select the IOSes to be downgraded? Is it really safe to downgrade all the IOSes with 4.0 installed?

yep yep....... i personally have done this twice now (don't ask) haha it works and is how i did it

so im on 4.0 that was nintendo updated with CIOS before hand also........then downgraded the ios.....and all is well and installed USB2

also yeh no you cant choose, you just run it and let it go

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
BlackEnigma said:
kongsnutz said:

yep yep....... i personally have done this twice now (don't ask) haha it works and is how i did it

so im on 4.0 that was nintendo updated with CIOS before hand also........then downgraded the ios.....and all is well and installed USB2

Well thanks for clearing that up. Decision time again, for like the 3rd time in a short amount of time.
Although since you managed to do it twice, it can't be that bad right?

Edit: Actually it seems you answered my questions just a little further up the thread. Reading is such a wonderful tool
smile.gif

And also from the readme of the IOS downgrader "This application does not downgrade the System Menu nor the IOS used by it."

Sounds like IOS60 is safe to me.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackEnigma said:
kongsnutz said:
BlackEnigma said:
kongsnutz said:

Well thanks for clearing that up. Decision time again, for like the 3rd time in a short amount of time.
Although since you managed to do it twice, it can't be that bad right?

Edit: Actually it seems you answered my questions just a little further up the thread. Reading is such a wonderful tool
smile.gif

And also from the readme of the IOS downgrader "This application does not downgrade the System Menu nor the IOS used by it."

Sounds like IOS60 is safe to me.

Yep plus it only modifies (downloads) IOS that existed when 3.2 did..........so yes SAFE!!

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS Downgrader worked for me.
And in case any one is curious these are the IOSes it downgraded and the version it downgraded them to.

You can see all the IOSes and their history here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

Downgraded:
11 (to version 10)
12 (to version 6)
13 (to version 10)
15 (to version 257)
17 (to version 512)
20 (to version 12)
21 (to version 514)
30 (to version 1040)
31 (to version 1040)
33 (to version 1040)
34 (to version 1039)
35 (to version 1040)
36 (to version 1042)

smile.gif

It's kind of strange pressing home on the homebrew channel and seeing IOS 36 v4.18 instead of v12.18 (although I was kind of getting used to the 12.22 that 4.0 seemed to have installed)

And USB 2.0 is a success (I see IOS202 in anytitledeleter)

Thanks for the help.

And in case anyone is wondering, I originally had cIOS36 rev7 (IOS249) on 3.3U. I updated to 4.0 through Nintendo. I used Waninkoko's cIOS installer to update from cIOS36 rev7 to rev8. I used the IOS downgrader to downgrade the IOSes and I used the cIOS USB2 installer.

Now I wonder if I'm free to uninstall DVDx and reinstall? I believe I should be.
Anyone know for sure? Which IOS does it use to install? I would hate to have a lump serving of fail amongst all this win so far today.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like beta3 is out :>

beta3 changelog

* improved the reliability of the usbstorage driver. It now resets the drive if it starts to error.
* implemented libwbfs, a filesystem to store wii backups on an harddrive (see readme in sources for details)
* implemented yal, the most simple usb-loader.

* Two versions are available.
o cios_usb2_install is IOS 202, and does not contain the DIP plugin nor yal.
o cios_usb2_dip_install is IOS 222, and is not distributed on wiibrew.org. Please do not link to it on wiibrew.

lbalan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beside that this will support probably the leaked waninkoko's loader, did anyone try to install it with cIOS v8 and patched IOS60? I am wondering if the IOSdowngrader is still needed or it can install using other IOS.

Thank you

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sess said:
Looks like beta3 is out :>

beta3 changelog

* improved the reliability of the usbstorage driver. It now resets the drive if it starts to error.
* implemented libwbfs, a filesystem to store wii backups on an harddrive (see readme in sources for details)
* implemented yal, the most simple usb-loader.
* Two versions are available.
o cios_usb2_install is IOS 202, and does not contain the DIP plugin nor yal.
o cios_usb2_dip_install is IOS 222, and is not distributed on wiibrew.org. Please do not link to it on wiibrew.

we need to find a tool to format are hdd with this filesystem

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, so if i install this cios usb2.0 beta3 - the leaked loader will work???!!!???
ohmy.gif

doesn't that mean that the leakers just got what they wanted?

i think the only guys will this tool needed to format drives with the required filesystem are waninkoko and qwiirk i guess ;D

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Woot
smile.gif
. I had a beta of the beta (
tongue.gif
), which was said to support Hot-Plugging...haven't worked..anyways...great.

@
WiiMonkey said:
we need to find a tool to format are hdd with this filesystem
I seriously hate this kind of people...j-u-s-t w-a-i-t...in a few days/weeks, we'll see if it was true or a joke, and we'll maybe have the official version..just f*** up and wait...

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
the leaked version you are using has the white guy with the afro, right?

it's had all the USB2 stuff removed from it, so it's not calling the USB2 cIOS, and can't load a HD.

Just wait. It was a leak by marcan or bushing to get people pissed off that it's not working, since it can't.

Just delete it, and wait for a real release.

These 2 guys again doing stuff in order to piss people out, and you want the users here to not flame at them??? WOW...

BTW what leaked thing are you talking about??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...