DIRECT LINK:
http://game-spin.com/wbfs.tar.bz2

smile.gif

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this might be the wrong place/time but a quick question. What exactly is "DIP" I am trying to actually understand my technology rather than just always blindly following guides, annd others word. Please dumb it down if possible. Meanwhile I am still waiting on an official release so no rush
smile.gif

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dip 3 will be needed to load or install games on the usb loader...if you dont install it i dont think it will work.. now we need someone to compile the WBFS it for windows
tongue.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks for compiling it for me (total noob with that stuff) now time to boot up the wife's laptop with ubuntu and see if I can figure it out.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, Kwiirk has released his part of the package. I wonder if waninkoko is part of this or not...

Either way, it would be cool if people could get it to run.

Although it would be even cooler if waninkoko would release properly.*

*Though that would involve lots of bugtesting, so is unlikely to be imminent.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
sentinel5000 said:
zidane_genome said:
the leaked version you are using has the white guy with the afro, right?

it's had all the USB2 stuff removed from it, so it's not calling the USB2 cIOS, and can't load a HD.

Just wait. It was a leak by marcan or bushing to get people pissed off that it's not working, since it can't.

Just delete it, and wait for a real release.

These 2 guys again doing stuff in order to piss people out, and you want the users here to not flame at them??? WOW...

BTW what leaked thing are you talking about??
Don't believe in this non-sense. Marcan and Bushing have better things to do.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
So the idea is to transfer your ISOs to the HDD using the tool, then run ./wbfs mkhbc which creates individual game entries which can be run in HBC, yes? An interesting way to do it - I guess the boot.dols that are created contain the loader and a direct link to the game location on the HDD.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... everytime I try to use it, it says -p isn't a proper arguement... I try using ./wbfs -p $PART init just like it's written in the txt file... And yes I created an unformatted partition named PART for this... wbfs gives a list of commands (including -p) but whenever I try to use it, it says it isn't a valid arguement
sleep.gif
Bah guess I'll just have to wait.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
strange, what pelago said sounds alot like EBOOT.pbp (essentially a psp boot.dol) used for converted ps1 games to run on a psp (and of course other emulators/ homebrew). convert the ps1 game, place it in 'X:\psp\game\your_game\EBOOT.pbp' and then load it from the psp game menu.

if its a multiple game disc like a few ps1 games in the final fantasy series, the games would be created in seperate EBOOTs like the different discs ready to be used when needed. although there was a special program needed to carry on a save from multiple discs.

of course, that sorta crap can only happen on a psp with custom firmware.

which raises another point. surely there will be custom firmwares popping up sometime in the future
smile.gif
once that happens, like arm the homeless said once i'm sure, an update can be made directly from him using the official update on the wii, this then prevents all the worry about stupid cIOS removal updates and stuff from nintendo
tongue.gif

sorry if i blabbed a bit there lol

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
hmm... everytime I try to use it, it says -p isn't a proper arguement... I try using ./wbfs -p $PART init just like it's written in the txt file... And yes I created an unformatted partition named PART for this... wbfs gives a list of commands (including -p) but whenever I try to use it, it says it isn't a valid arguement
sleep.gif
Bah guess I'll just have to wait.

You're not supposed to write $PART literally, but the path to the partition. For example in my case it's /dev/sdd1 as in the first partition of the fourth (d) disc. $PART would be interpreted by BASH as a string var named PART.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up