Hacking Cios Installer Question

MarioMan181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious to know something. Here are 3 questions I want to ask.

1. Is it necessary for me to download cios installer rev38 ver17 or ver19 for the wii?
2. Will the update affect my gamecube backup channel or my original game disc loading in the disc channel?
3. Will it affect New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Please respond to this topic.

MarioMan181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
DL=dual layer

games like super smash bros are dual layer

I already had Super Smash Bros. Brawl before hacking my wii. It still works. Do I really need this dual layer or not?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes. Just upgrade and get it over with, if you see something you don't like, you can always downgrade back to r14.

MarioMan181 said:
XFlak said:
DL=dual layer

games like super smash bros are dual layer

I already had Super Smash Bros. Brawl before hacking my wii. It still works. Do I really need this dual layer or not?

MarioMan181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
you have the cut down version of smash bros not the full.

What does Dual Layer do to Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Is it that important to acquire or is it just to get full version?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
super smash bros is a dual layer game, meaning its larger than the standard wii game, almost twice the size of the average single layer game. So it's burned onto a dual layer disk

when u try ripping a dual layer game (or very large single layer games), rev14 screws up the rip at the very end of the image. So it may play fine, but when u get to that corrupted sector of the rip, u will probably have it crash on you.

but since u said u already had brawl before hacking your wii, i'm assuming u own the disc. If u play it from the disc, it will play fine, if u are loading the game via a usb loader, and u used rev14 to rip the disc, it is a corrupt rip and u should re-rip it after installing rev19.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the only difference in SSBB full and the cut is that the cut is missing the movies in SSE and the unlockable retro games. Not really a big deal

edit: I see now what xflak's talkin bout u must have the retail so NVM

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, on second thought, don't upgrade. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you're doing; you don't even know enough about DVD to know what "the dual layer is or if I need it."

Get an education or stop now and give up.

MarioMan181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Yeah, on second thought, don't upgrade. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you're doing; you don't even know enough about DVD to know what "the dual layer is or if I need it."

Get an education or stop now and give up.

Ok I could handle a simple no or do not update. I mean I know I have no idea about this I just want to know or else I may screw up and be like those guys on GBAtemp.net that say "Oh No I done something wrong, what should I do". Look I am not trying to say you aren't helping me but criticizing doesn't solve anything. Ok I am not updating and when I do need to I will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: sandwich