ROM Hack Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon TWnMDS+ Translation

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job with the translation, can't wait until it's complete!

I found a bug in the messages with the pram(?) flowers. It does not have a mini description, but instead the item's description that was previously shown carries over it.

I'm using R4 wood RPG 1.07(forgot to update at the time).

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jasonese said:
Great job with the translation, can't wait until it's complete!

I found a bug in the messages with the pram(?) flowers. It does not have a mini description, but instead the item's description that was previously shown carries over it.

I'm using R4 wood RPG 1.07(forgot to update at the time).

I don't see anything wrong in the item's description, but I'll try to grow one and see if I can find the error.
Do you happen to remember what items were nearby? (As in above or below) -- Sometimes the problem is the previous item highlighted.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jasonese said:
I found the glitch when I scrolled over a Porov flower above it.

I managed to grow another one and test it, the glitch happens with every item.

Yep, found it. I shifted one byte over the start of the message and when the game calls for that line, the first thing it finds is a stop, so nothing gets printed.
Fixed, will be in V3, which should be up tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks a lot. =3

While we are on the subject of flowers, I think I'll edit the short descriptions to represent how much JP they actually give. The rather vague (and totally confusing) descriptions the game has (and translated as such) really irk me...

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for fixing that bug in the items! The patch makes the game more than playable, since most of it takes place in dungeons anyway
wink.gif

Seems like a pretty fun game, wondering whether I should get the wii version.... :/

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Inunah said:
suruz said:
This looks like a game that doesnt rely too heavily on story
Actually, it relies heavily on story, because without it there are some things you won't know to do without it.

It does help to know what's going on to make things easier, but you can make due with the '!' icon in the map above if not.
Or, like I said, you can check the guide for the Wii version, they are largely the same.

Anyway... Patch V3 released.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GrayFox2510 said:
It does help to know what's going on to make things easier, but you can make due with the '!' icon in the map above if not.

Lol, well for the time I've been playing I've just been using that and stumbling around xD

What I meant was that the core gameplay is just dungeon crawling... so the translation that's been done covers all of the stuff in there..

But yeah, obviously there's going to be SOME clues in the dialogue as to where you need to go, etc.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to say thank you again. Just having the items and menu translated makes the game much easier to play. Your work is much appreciated!

oldmilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrayFox2510 said:
Enemy Skills Help
I am having trouble with the following names. I can't quite remember seeing them in-game (I'm sure they are there, I just don't really have the time to go around every dungeon hoping to find it and get an idea of it), and without Kanji sometimes things get funny. Help appreciated.
?????
I hate it when things are written in katakana and they sound nothing like any english words. kanibasami. wtf.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oldmilk said:
GrayFox2510 said:
Enemy Skills Help
I am having trouble with the following names. I can't quite remember seeing them in-game (I'm sure they are there, I just don't really have the time to go around every dungeon hoping to find it and get an idea of it), and without Kanji sometimes things get funny. Help appreciated.
?????
I hate it when things are written in katakana and they sound nothing like any english words. kanibasami. wtf.

????? (kanibasami) translates to "Crab Scissors"!! chop chop!

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ぷるぷる - jiggle(?)
きゅうしょづき - vital stab
とうそう - escape
ぼうそう - run wild

I'm pretty much guessing since I don't have the game. Someone else can go check if they are correct. >_>

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Blebleman said:
oldmilk said:
GrayFox2510 said:
Enemy Skills Help
?????

????? (kanibasami) translates to "Crab Scissors"!! chop chop!

Yeah, I knew it had to be something like that when I saw a crab enemy do it to me.
Thanks a lot. =3

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pitman said:
Something I ran into while playing Cid is when stepping on some traps gives me the message "Chocobo receives trap" noticed this especially when stepping on the food trap.

Weird... I'll have a look around, thanks.

[EDIT] I found the cause. The original string has no actual subject (Cid nor Chocobo) and I added Chocobo to make it keep the original 3rd person feel of the combat log.
Guess I'll have to go with a 2nd person.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GrayFox2510 said:
pitman said:
Something I ran into while playing Cid is when stepping on some traps gives me the message "Chocobo receives trap" noticed this especially when stepping on the food trap.

Weird... I'll have a look around, thanks.

[EDIT] I found the cause. The original string has no actual subject (Cid nor Chocobo) and I added Chocobo to make it keep the original 3rd person feel of the combat log.
Guess I'll have to go with a 2nd person.

If you need any help translating strings, I'd be glad to help. I'm pretty good at Japanese, but I also have a Japanese person (wife) around me all day.
smile.gif

Also played this game a LOT
smile.gif

badmonkey32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I have to say this is awesome! And while I'm happy to take what I can get, I would be one of the ten happiest people in the world if this was to see a full translation.
Hmmmm, maybe I should looking into learning how to work with pointers.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
badmonkey32 said:
Again, I have to say this is awesome! And while I'm happy to take what I can get, I would be one of the ten happiest people in the world if this was to see a full translation.
Hmmmm, maybe I should looking into learning how to work with pointers.

You would also need someone with a more fluid knowledge of Japanese. XD
While it's true I'm not touching the story because of the whole pointers thing, I'm also not very confident of my Japanese to translate the story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...