SomeGuy4Twenty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, i downloaded this cia, and when I extrated it had this INFO.txt saying:
"This CIA has not been Firmware Spoofed for use in CFW (It uses 7.X keys either way)
This CIA has not had its region locking removed
This CIA's original region is Europe"

Is it safe to install? I have no idea what he means by firmware spoofing.

SomeGuy4Twenty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, we are going to need a bit more information
What CFW are you running?
What is your current OFW?
What entrypoint point are you using?
I am running 11.9 CFW, my OFW was also 11.9, i dont know what you mean by entrypoint (sorry). All i have done until know was download a zip file from a Cia game, and along with it came this INFO.txt. I havent installed anything yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just install it.
Or get a better source.
Its from the 3dsiso forum. I thought it was reliable until i read that info.txt.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am running 11.9 CFW, my OFW was also 11.9, i dont know what you mean by entrypoint (sorry). All i have done until know was download a zip file from a Cia game, and along with it came this INFO.txt. I havent installed anything yet.
Since you are on 11.9, then it's a safe bet that you are running B9S with the latest Luma3DS. In that case, you don't need to worry about any of that stuff and the CIA should be safe to install.
Don't list ROM sites, it's against the rules.

SomeGuy4Twenty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since you are on 11.9, then it's a safe bet that you are running B9S with the latest Luma3DS. In that case, you don't need to worry about any of that stuff and the CIA should be safe to install.
Don't list ROM sites, it's against the rules.
Thanks! I am indeed running the lastest luma version and B9S. The guy posted the game in 2015, I suppose back then stuff was more complicated.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks! I am indeed running the lastest luma version and B9S. The guy posted the game in 2015, I suppose back then stuff was more complicated.
Back in 2015 Gateway 3DS and RXTools were still a thing and we huddled around the fire with menuHAX, telling stories that one day we might have 100% perfect boot rates. We were primitive back then.

SomeGuy4Twenty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Back in 2015 Gateway 3DS and RXTools were still a thing and we huddled around the fire with menuHAX, telling stories that one day we might have 100% perfect boot rates. We were primitive back then.
Hmmm i don't understand anything about the names you said but it sounded like you had a good time xD. Thanks once again!

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand anything about the names you said
Here's some tl;drs:
Gateway 3DS
old 3DS flashcart, never got updated for support past 11.2. Used a very primitive CFW, required an emuNAND, and you had to go to Settings > the bottom right one > Profile > DS Profile to run it afaik (at least, that was 1 exploit, I joined the scene right before Seedminer was released).
an early cfw, what they used before Luma
context: cfws back then were .3dsx
Don't want to have to run something like ninjhax or OOThax to get into the homebrew launcher to run your cfw? Menuhax lets you boot right into it! Complete with making the screens flash lots of colors and a 40% chance of not crashing & actually booting you into the system. Some people even used it after A9LH (Arm9LoaderHax, like B9S but older & worse) was released, as A9LH had this huge procedure for installation & could brick your system.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ