Hacking Cia installs are suddenly slow

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem since yesterday where I had to deleted some games bravely default and zelda mm cias because I wanted to put different games on my sd but when I dumped my carts with hourglass9 I noticed it was taking over an hour to dump the cart to cia (the games were smt iv and devil survivor record breaker)

Now today I go to install them with fbi and its taking too long twice the time to take to install. I am using o3dsxl a9lh and luma with sandisk 32gb ultra class 10 micro sd My games play fine and the write speed is fine when transferring in my pc only when I install them :(

Any help would be appreciated no clue why it's taking forever.

Last edited by jDSX,

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming its dying after Ive been using it from a month, can I copy all my games and files from the old one to a new one I get?

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Assuming its dying after Ive been using it from a month, can I copy all my games and files from the old one to a new one I get?
Yes, but you can't just copy and paste, you have to make an image of the card and transfer that over to the new card, there is a guide somewhere

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes you can. If you use EmuNAND, you'll just have to make a backup of your EmuNAND, create an EmuNAND on the new microSD and restore that backup.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a backup of my nand on my computer its not on sd because I needed the space and I don't use emunand.I use sysnand

D

Deleted-19228

Yes, but you can't just copy and paste, you have to make an image of the card and transfer that over to the new card, there is a guide somewhere

You are assuming he's using emunand, and he's not.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain why after deleting two cias would cause the sd to become slow/dying. I thought it would last at least months sandisk ultra micro, are they usually faulty like this?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had problems like this myself, even created my own thread, asking if it was possible to speed up CIA installations. Put my SD through a benchmark test, passed with flying colours. In actual practice though, it would start at around 16 mb/s like normal, then around 2 minuets in it would plummet to like 2 mb/s. I bought it from a store, so it couldn't have been fake. Luckily for me, it was from best buy, so I had 2 weeks to exchange for another. The new one I got worked fine, so it's most likeley yours was faulty too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.