homebrewed 3ds takes a minute plus to boot

st4ticbuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently homebrewed an o3dsxl . i bought it very recently and it came completely hard reset , so there was nothing on it . i've homebrewed it and everything seems to be working fine , except it takes around a minute to boot when i turn it on . i have a 64gb sd card , formatted to fat32 with a 64kb cluster size . i have no games installed , just some homebrew apps and some themes/splashes . i tried with an empty 4gb sd card and it only took about 5 seconds to boot . i know larger sd cards have slower booting times , but this seems ridiculous . i've tried googling it , but nothing i've tried so far has helped . any advice ? thanks in advance :)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copy everything off the card, format the card again, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay. See if that helps.

Even a brand-new card can have problems.

st4ticbuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy everything off the card, format the card again, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay. See if that helps.

Even a brand-new card can have problems.
i already used h2testw when i got the card , and it didn't have any problems . will it work differently now that i've actually used it ? i've already has some weird formatting problems with this card before - i formatted it to fat32 with guiformat when i first got it , but the 3ds didn't reconize it at all . i had to use my friend's homebrewed 3ds to reformat my card with godmode9 before it actually worked . do you think this has anything to do with it ?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i already used h2testw when i got the card , and it didn't have any problems .
That is a useful thing to mention.

will it work differently now that i've actually used it ?
It's possible, but kind of unlikely.

i've already has some weird formatting problems with this card before - i formatted it to fat32 with guiformat when i first got it , but the 3ds didn't reconize it at all . i had to use my friend's homebrewed 3ds to reformat my card with godmode9 before it actually worked . do you think this has anything to do with it ?
That is necessary in certain cases.

st4ticbuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What card you are using ?
sandisk ultra plus 64gb , purchased at target . not from like ebay or something
Post automatically merged:

That is a useful thing to mention.
yeah , i realize that now , sorry ! i tried to include as much info as i could but of course i forgot something lol
It's possible, but kind of unlikely.

That is necessary in certain cases.
what would you recommend , then ? should i try doing what you suggested above and trying h2testw again ? i can't say i particually WANT to do that , but it's not like i have any idea what's even causing it , so if that's the best option i guess it wouldn't hurt

Last edited by st4ticbuzz,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
should i try doing what you suggested above and trying h2testw again ? i can't say i particually WANT to do that , but it's not like i have any idea what's even causing it , so if that's the best option i guess it wouldn't hurt
There's not a whole lot else you can do. Sometimes just copying files off the card and back again is enough to have some effect.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of microSd card so you have.
Samsung (maybe Sony) Scandisk and Kinston
Do not go below these and what about your adapter

I have had a whole lot of cheap cards and adapters break and just fall apart just by looking at them. Not a joke >-(

Also how big is your card the bigger your card the slower your games, HB and save file will load, and the DS (fam) will turn on.
16g-20g the 2-3ds(n3ds) it will start to run a little slaw and the save files *wow*
Remember these are not pin drives

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
About 13 seconds boot time on New 3DS with 64GB microSD here. If your 3DS takes that long to boot with a smaller card something is wrong with it. With 128GB or more on the other hand it happens.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:-? Well ....... No you cot a point there. I have a Samsung, and do not even count the boot up time
128G 1-2min depending on what I had just done
3-5m and there might be a stall or something
I just expect the loading to be slow, and swim around in all that memory :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto