OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
It's been my lifelong dream to have a portable Chrono Trigger... SNEmulDS made that dream possible...

I have the real SNES cart in a case under my desk right now, but Chrono Trigger on the DS feels right...

So... Anyone beat the game yet? Or got considerably far into it?

I'm currently in Heckran Cave/Medina Village... I'm gonna beat the game on my DS.
tongue.gif

~Things I noticed

Rooms with Time Portals = Big Blue blobs overlapping everything, impossible to disable them without losing text. (To disable the blobs, turn BG3 off. Go into Options: and change BG1/BG2/BG3/SPR into BG1/BG2/Off/SPR)

Dual techs and most of enemy projectiles cause the whole screen to have a bubbly effect. Like bubble wrap inside a package. Not a problem, but it really takes out the look in awesome looking attacks.

The text of the game is dependant of the area you're in currently. Inside the Domes of 2300 A.D, you'll see silver/black text due to the dark colors of the dome. 600 A.D seems to be brownish. Inside caves, the text is red.

I want someone to play along with me
sleep.gif

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id love to. THink you could zip up your files along with your settings for CT? maybe use mega upload or something to host?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
That's illegal to ask/provide ROMs....

EDIT: Never mind... Use google.

~I found these settings on my own, I hope these help all the other CT:DS players.

Blue Blobs - To cut half of them off, go to the GFX Config menu and change BG3 Block Priority: Off into BG3 Block Priority: On

600 A.D Mountains - Forgot the name; the mountains that you appear at when you first go to 600 A.D.
To make the Ladders/Bridges appear, go to GFX Config and change: BG1 = 3, BG2 = 1, BG3 = 1.
Those settings allow you to see the Bridges/Ladders, and allow you to see text correctly in battle.

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont mean the rom, snes roms are easy. Just the Emulator and the settings you used. Half the time this stuff never works on my R4..

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
I just told you my exact settings through the first parts of the game in the 3rd post.

I'm using SNEmulDS 0.5b.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ALOT better on the PSP.

logo4.gif

That must mean nobody here owns a PSP.
Besides the fact that this is in NDS Discussion, and he's asking about it..for the DS - makes the PSP irrelevant.
The fact that its on a DS board doesn't automatically make the PSP irrelevant. He mentioned he had been wanting portable Chrono Trigger, so I don't know where you would get a silly thought like that.

Now enough of your trolling. Lets stay on topic.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its ALOT better on the PSP.

logo4.gif

That must mean nobody here owns a PSP.
Besides the fact that this is in NDS Discussion, and he's asking about it..for the DS - makes the PSP irrelevant.
The fact that its on a DS board doesn't automatically make the PSP irrelevant. He mentioned he had been wanting portable Chrono Trigger, so I don't know where you would get a silly thought like that.

Now enough of your trolling. Lets stay on topic.
LOL. MY trolling.

If you read, you could put two and two together. NDS forum thread, mentioning portable. Ding ding!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1