Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity RC1

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity RC1
Update
FoE2011-02-07_0210054339.png

Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity has been updated from v3.5 to RC1. This release marks the projects near completion, and further updates will be be minor adjustments, as there should be nothing major from this point forward. See the change log below for what's new, and for more information on this game modification, google the "metronomeproject" blog page.

QUOTE(Change Log 03/13/11) said:
  • Removed what should be the last of the show stopping bugs left over from the CE Baseline, specifically having to have the Epoch in the middle ages at a certain point in the game.
  • Updated Glenn's lines with the most up to date ones. You should notice a great difference now. It should feel very nostalgic.

download.gif
    Download
    download.gif
    Lunar IPS v1.02

Thanks to TheRubyDragoon for the news!

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
A part of me always wishes the title will say "Crimson Echoes"
frown.gif
Know how you feel. That's why I played through the Crimson Echoes beta. I appreciate what they are trying to do, but I have mixed feelings about it.

TheRubyDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At its core, this was CE.
Some key story plot elements have changed.
Mainly, Crono no longer murders a group of innocent reptites.
There is no death scene for Kino, he is alive and watching the kids. (In CE, the child is left alone unsupervised at a certain point)
There is NO Ayla/Frog love subplot. >:( (its a Chrono game, not an afterschool special)

NPC's of the devs are no where to be found in the game, anywhere.
The one dev that wrote himself into the story as a character, we went and played down elements of this character to shift the focus back upon the main CT characters (It didn't work for Stephen King in the Dark Tower series so why should it work here?)
We actually have two endings in the game, the normal one, and one that is obtained by finding and killing a certain boss.
The tone of the game is actually MUCH darker if you pay attention to some of the wordings of the characters and do see both endings of the game. ( In CE, there was one main ending, and then an ending selector hidden in Lucca's house.)

A lot of show stopping bugs were removed from the CE baseline, an example, failing the Frog catching event in CE causes the game to go into an endless loop you can't break out of. In FoE, you are simply forced to do the even until you complete it, no harm no foul.

Lastly, FoE has playable Glenn!!

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's a new version of CE that got leaked by someone. Not the '98% finished' version, an even newer and more finished one that even has sprites from the CE Memorial video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSdduAeQUc&feature=watch_response). There's been a lot of controversy about this version, but I'm not one for all the drama - frankly, I couldn't care less - but FoE is majorly responsible for this release being leaked.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I believe they are both great projects, and they both deserve some attention.

Now to finish both of them... hahaha. This will take a while.

Yes, a CE beta was leaked. As well as a more final, almost perfect version... that is old news.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duduck said:
There's a new version of CE that got leaked by someone. Not the '98% finished' version, an even newer and more finished one that even has sprites from the CE Memorial video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSdduAeQUc&feature=watch_response). There's been a lot of controversy about this version, but I'm not one for all the drama - frankly, I couldn't care less - but FoE is majorly responsible for this release being leaked.
Yes, I downloaded that and played some of it but am still waiting for a confirmation of if it is legit or not.

knighta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheRubyDragoon said:
At its core, this was CE.
Some key story plot elements have changed.
Mainly, Crono no longer murders a group of innocent reptites.
There is no death scene for Kino, he is alive and watching the kids. (In CE, the child is left alone unsupervised at a certain point)
There is NO Ayla/Frog love subplot. >:( (its a Chrono game, not an afterschool special)

NPC's of the devs are no where to be found in the game, anywhere.
The one dev that wrote himself into the story as a character, we went and played down elements of this character to shift the focus back upon the main CT characters (It didn't work for Stephen King in the Dark Tower series so why should it work here?)
We actually have two endings in the game, the normal one, and one that is obtained by finding and killing a certain boss.
The tone of the game is actually MUCH darker if you pay attention to some of the wordings of the characters and do see both endings of the game. ( In CE, there was one main ending, and then an ending selector hidden in Lucca's house.)

A lot of show stopping bugs were removed from the CE baseline, an example, failing the Frog catching event in CE causes the game to go into an endless loop you can't break out of. In FoE, you are simply forced to do the even until you complete it, no harm no foul.

Lastly, FoE has playable Glenn!!

Bugs -
I am not as far as you but the death scene for Kino a child still thinks Kino is dead. He says he died on top Dactyl Nest while protecting Ayla and child. Is there a place I can report this to the devs?
Glenn is human except for when he is on the overworld where he reverts back to a frog.
When Magus, Crono and Glenn are talking to Yaluk and Coyopa Yaluk says Glenn is not a human when in reality he is. Glenn says he is a shapeshifter. He is no longer a frog in the game except for the overworld which also needs to be fixed.

Minor changes -
Also the music is different. Same song just different theme.
In 1005 A.D the cook is now female in Guardia castle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc