Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity RC-7B Released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes was a hack of CT set for release in May of 2009. After more than 5 years of hard work the project was ended due to a cease and desist letter from Square Enix. Flames of Eternity began as a restoration project to the CE leaked 98% completed SNES beta, its goal was to fully complete the project. CT:FoE is still underdevelopment, and the latest update has recently been released. For more information on what has been added, please see the change log below.

:arrow: Download

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Let's hope they don't tell users that they have to use Zsnes to use this hack :P Glad they're still working on it though.

Celice likes this.
  3. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    I remember playing through CE, I had a major complaint about it though it's been so long ago I don't remember what it was.

4. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Ho. Ly. SHIT. Who's the green dude in the first screenshot, Link? And I hope you can use this with Higan since SNES9x usually crashes on me when I play Chrono Trigger. :( It plays the rest of my games fine, though. And if I get to test this (which I might), just know that I'll be trying to finish the twelve recipes in Paper Mario RPG and get to level 40 (I just became a superstar in there. :D ) So it'll be a while before I can post some results.
    It was too long? How can you complain about this game? I admit, the battle with Flea is sort of annoying and the beasts in the Giant's Claw are as annoying as hell; they always manage to drain at least 30 HP before you even get a hit. *spoilers* And then they confuse you if you aren't wearing a Sight Cap. *end* And maybe Robo's speed might be disturbing too; I know I didn't like it.

5. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Oh okay; I never did that. Don't want to, either.

the_randomizer likes this.
  7. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Nor have I :P Gonna try this new version out!

8. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States

None of those sound right, I typically like long games and I don't remember having to grind any in this game so battles couldn't have been that difficult. I think there was a stretch of the game that was just plain annoying to go through. If I can get this working on my psp I'll give it a go maybe, I've been on a reading binge so probably not.

9. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    The Denadoro Mountains? The hole in the desert? Or maybe the factory when they first find Robo. Or the future in general. I had to grind in this game; the battles weren't that hard. In fact, they got easier as I went up the levels.

10. naxil

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    people how to start the games? the download have inside a file called .isp
    I need ispPATCHER? i need to patch chrono trigger usa? or JAP?

11. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Read the Readme in the Folder.

12. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    WTF the music is different and you can't go into the forest to fight the mushroom thingies. Okay, it's just that I've played the regular game maybe 20 times now; let me get used to this new thing.

Edit: But I hope that the guy in Medina Village got his ferry running.

Update: SNES9x (v1.51) has crashed twice on me now. Can we PLEASE get a version that's compatible with Higan? Chrono Trigger always seems to crash 9x at some point in time...

13. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    You can change the music back, but it's kinda of pain to do, I had a simple program I found fr FF6 and Chrono Trigger to change the instruments, I'll see if I can find it :P I think it was called, or the person was named JCT3000 or something like that...

14. Zeliga

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    This looks awsome I want to play this now :blank:

15. TheRubyDragoon

TheRubyDragoon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    We play test this on SNES9x, and we've had no issues with it so far! :P

16. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Glad to hear it, I remember how people used to be so hard set on telling others to run their hacks/mods using Zsnes :D Snes9x is awesome though!

17. ForteGospel

ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    is this an expansion to the original chrono trigger ala "Diablo 2: LOD" or a sequel ala "FFX2"?

also how is human form glenn in the same team as magus?

18. TheRubyDragoon

TheRubyDragoon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    This is an unofficial sequel.

And Glenn is in the team as Magus because REASONS!

Nah seriously, I won't spoil the story of FoE, but it is Glenn after the events of Chrono Trigger if you defeated Magus, you see at the end credits of the game that Frog was released from his amphibian curse and is human again. Again, I won't elaborate or expand upon his abilities and story in FoE, you'll just have to see that for yourself.

Though one thing I wanted to semi-spoil, there is an easter egg in the 2305 Mall referencing a classified ad placed in a news paper, it is rather humorous, as 'Safety Not Guaranteed'.

19. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Now don't take this the wrong way, but I personally wish the instruments in some of the songs were kept to their origins, but that's just me, only my opinion :P ;) If I want to change them back, I found a program so don't sweat it! :lol: Keep up the hard work!

20. eosia

eosia GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Can't wait to start playing this :D