ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Cachwir said:
your patch does not work, Cracker.

Careful.. are you using cracker's patch or the patcher I posted? Both work fine for DSTT,
learn to READ other comments before claiming something doesn't work, it's really annoying. (It's already been confirmed that my patcher & cracker's xdelta file work flawlesly on DSTT)

As for me I regret having posted a single fix, I never imagined there's so many people who can't
do even the basics on a computer without asking for a tutorial. Maybe it'd be for the best
if we don't tell people everything but let them wonder and research.

And many many "sorries" to cracker that I released a repack of his patch,
giving even more comments like "cracker patch dont work",
even though it works and is based on the rediculously easy procedure of reading a 6 step noob-proof readme file.

QUOTE(digitallywasted @ Dec 5 2008, 06:37 AM) I have a m3 perfect SD and the m3wiki instructions didn't work because the icon was all futzed up and when ran it was black.

dude, there's no patch for m3 real/sakura/perfect, just use the cheatcodes..

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey bro
i've patched it
and i've copied the chrono-patched.nds
it's 83MB
and i played it in my DSTT
it still didn't work
and the chrono icon in DSTT menu isn't chrono's face again but noisy icon

eyePop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i copy the patched .nds file to my cyclods, activate cheats and run the game and i get double white screens =S . also, i just tried to patch again following the simple instructions, rom renamed to chrono.nds and i get two delta files instead of the patched .nds file =S .

anyone able to help me out ?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eyePop said:
i copy the patched .nds file to my cyclods, activate cheats and run the game and i get double white screens =S . also, i just tried to patch again following the simple instructions, rom renamed to chrono.nds and i get two delta files instead of the patched .nds file =S .

anyone able to help me out ?

As I mentioned before, it is a very good chance that using a flash cart's cheat engine on an already patched game will break it. Use the codes that are in the cheat database with the unpatched game instead.

Skyreal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, this cheat is working fine so far on my SCDSOne. I was struggling with some save file issues with a "patched" rom before this. Every now and then the save files would revert to a previous set, which was really frustrating.

digitallywasted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a txt cheat file because that's what the m3 perfect uses(?) and it was just a black screen. I probably did it wrong.
tongue.gif
Can someone help me?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitallywasted said:
So I made a txt cheat file because that's what the m3 perfect uses(?) and it was just a black screen. I probably did it wrong.
tongue.gif
Can someone help me?

The m3 Perfect uses a program called DipStar to cheat. The reason why you got the black screens is because it was trying to boot DipStar and it got frozen because DipStar wasn't loaded. DipStar was a great tool way back when but now there are better alternatives.

Use the TTDS patch and then send the game through the m3 Manager as usual. It works fine.

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just use the JPN version and use the bypass code
it'll work 100%
JPN version is english version too if u use English default language in your NDS

i give up for using USA version
i tried many ways but it still could run on my DSTT

dc5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good: got the patch working and playing the game fine
bad: somewhere around 2300AD before the first "boss" as you call, i save the game and i got the 3rd save corrupted.... so i ended up saving again on slot 1.
so i turned off the game and turned it back on an hour later and all the save files reverted to back when i was fighting the dragon tank?!

this happen to anyone else? atleast i didnt get a corrupted game or it erased everything =\

digitallywasted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
digitallywasted said:
tongue.gif
Can someone help me?

The m3 Perfect uses a program called DipStar to cheat. The reason why you got the black screens is because it was trying to boot DipStar and it got frozen because DipStar wasn't loaded. DipStar was a great tool way back when but now there are better alternatives.

Use the TTDS patch and then send the game through the m3 Manager as usual. It works fine.

It works, thanks! I had another issue though, I closed it to put it to sleep and I think the music was still continuing, I don't remember but when I opened it back up it was frozen. Is this normal? Also, if I wanted to use NDS cheats for another game, would I have to use DipStar or another (better?) alternative depending on the game?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitallywasted said:
cracker said:
digitallywasted said:
tongue.gif
Can someone help me?

It works, thanks! I had another issue though, I closed it to put it to sleep and I think the music was still continuing, I don't remember but when I opened it back up it was frozen. Is this normal? Also, if I wanted to use NDS cheats for another game, would I have to use DipStar or another (better?) alternative depending on the game?

Use DSATM instead. It uses AR codes to patch the games.

michi298

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. First of all thanks to all those who've gave solutions to make Chrono Trigger playable =)

I have a question regarding the cheat function of the game. I have an ez flash v and I've updated the firmware to Kernel 1.86e.

However, the cheat menu is just not showing up for Chrono Trigger. I've downloaded the latest ezarcode.dat from the cheat compilation too. The button is blue but when I load the game, it goes straight into it.

Are the cheats not functional at the moment for the game on ez flash, or am I doing something wrong?

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Mitchi:
It is because the game id is different, just because it has the same name does not mean it has the same "fingerprint"

My request is for someone to add to the cheat database to allow for cheating on the patched rom. I am afraid to do the Cheat.DAT injection because it might screw up everything.

Thanks

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vistabuser said:
2 options:

Change game ID in rom using a hex editor.

Option 2 change game id for game of chrono in the cheat db.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Does anyone know if I do any of the above, my ds will crash?

Thanks

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unholydoragon said:
Vistabuser said:
2 options:

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Thanks

No it will not crash your DS. However, it won't do you any good anyway. The ID has 2 parts to it. The first part is the one in the header. The second part is the CRC32 calculated from the header of the game. Follow the instructions here and it will allow you to cheat on the patched game.

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
unholydoragon said:
Vistabuser said:
2 options:

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Thanks

No it will not crash your DS. However, it won't do you any good anyway. The ID has 2 parts to it. The first part is the one in the header. The second part is the CRC32 calculated from the header of the game. Follow the instructions here and it will allow you to cheat on the patched game.

I try to open the database cheat file from the CHEAT(UE) file from the one i got from gbatemp. When i try to open it, it says database format error.
What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: