Hacking Chrono R4

StuntZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I have downloaded the R4CC and put the cheats in the CHEAT.DAT file, however they don't show up when I go to boot the game, I did patch the R4 _DS_Menu file as somewhere suggested to do. However it still freezes at the time warp screen, any help?

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it's there doesn't mean you activated it. Edit the CHEAT.DAT you are currently using with R4CCE. (R4 Cheat Code Editor, google it.) Highlight the code you wish to turn on, and on the right side of the screen, it should have a checkbox next to the words "Code Enable". Check the box and make sure to save the changes to the cheat file under File, Save.

Also, this should be moved to the R4 boards. Shame I don't have mod powers, or I'd do it myself.

Wolvenreign

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you activate it like how I told you to? It's the only surefire method of activating the code. Oh, and you should be using the "Non-M3 Real Version".

StuntZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I hit "Enable code" in the R4cce, still doesn't seem to activate in the game, when I'm going to boot the game I don't see a "Cheats" button either.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your game ID doesn't match.

it'd be a lot easier if you just used a clean rom

and the fact that you don't see the cheats button would be why it's not working.

Wolvenreign

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. Make sure the name of the name of the game and the name of the name of the game in the cheat file are the same. Name both the ROM and the name of the game in the cheat file "Chrono Trigger DS." Also ensure that they are both from the same region, preferably (U).

StuntZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked the game ID's plenty of times, fot CT and any other game I have on my card... The name of the ROM and what I have in the cheat file is also the same name, both Chrono Trigger (U)

StuntZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the name isn't the ID, I've pushed the lil "..." beside the ID already in there and loaded the ROM ID, it doesn't change the ID at all, as far as I know it's a clean rom, I got it off NDS-Roms.com, put it directly onto the card and haven't done anything else to it.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hah, nice rulebreaking and insta-ban worthy website you got there.

just because you didn't do anything doesn't mean that that particular site didn't take liberties and patch it already.

i know for a fact that r4cce works, and that a clean rom shows up just fine without any editing. i've edited a usrcheat before to get the clean rom of gta working, and i know that it works.

you either didn't save before exiting, or did something else wrong. whatever the problem is, it's on your end.

there is no ds issue i've come across that takes more than five minutes to fix. granted i'm not counting the 10-15 minutes it takes the first time you try it.

but i would just suggest getting the latest usrcheat and trying it again.

NiNJUH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, your really ungrateful since Wolvenreign is busting his ass trying to help you.

Anyways, what I did was just download the urscheat.dat from Narin's cheat database and I just enabled the Backup/Game Fix code and it worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34