Christmas Nintendo Gigaleak reportedly contains Mariko BootRom source code and Let's Go beta

d.png

Merry Christmas, GBAtemp! Today may be a very Merry Christmas for those that like to dig into leaked data, as the latest files from the ongoing Gigaleak--part 8, to be exact--have made their way online, supposedly. According to those who have already gotten their hands on the illegally-obtained files, within the .zips lurks a beta build for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee as well as a major bit of data: the source code for the Mariko BootRom, with classified files straight from NVIDIA. As always, sharing these files is against GBAtemp's ToS, but feel free to discuss them!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Some Summon Knight Swordcraft 3 source code would be pretty cool, just sayin... >_>

Weird, since mostly people want those illegal files to play illegal files.
Nothing weird about that, that's just how the hacking scene rolls.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Now this is nice!
And you all can hate me for what I am about to say, but Nintendo just deserved all of this!
It's punishment for them for being such big assholes this and the past years, whit all the shut downs and take downs of so many fan projects.
I mean...they have the right and power to do so, but it doesn't mean that they NEED TO do it...
I hope, they get hacked even more. :tpi::ninja:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Now this is nice!
And you all can hate me for what I am about to say, but Nintendo just deserved all of this!
It's punishment for them for being such big assholes this and the past years, whit all the shut downs and take downs of so many fan projects.
I mean...they have the right and power to do so, but it doesn't mean that they NEED TO do it...
I hope, they get hacked even more. :tpi::ninja:
I stand with you on this 100%. They also tease games that they never intend to release. (Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, BotW2, etc.. )

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, better hope this source code matches what is really used as much as possible. Dource codes may be from before fusee-gelee was patched, so some portions of it may be outdated for patched Switches.

Last edited by masagrator,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using Lets Go games as a base for rom hacks would be insane lol

Remember again, what Gamecube game let people hack Gamecubes? A Sega one.

Nintendo safety seems to vary. The Nes had protections but those could be bypassed and they became useless when the console itself was cloned.

The Super Nintendo was their most protected console ever (in practice) while Sega lost at least ten million unit sales due to clones. If that seems a lot do remember it pales to the number of Nes clones that could still be bought even during tbe early PS2 era!

The Nintendo 64 did quite well, it was not that pirated and emulation was hard. That has come to bite Nintendo in the ass since even today there are some Nintendo games that can be fully emulated correctly. So that's why Virtual Console is not that big on Nintendo 64 games.

The Gamecube was pirated yes but the use of non Standard disks and the small amount of English releases meant most people did not bother. And most people just hacked it to use legally bought games from other countries.

The Wii... wow that ine was cracked really hard and had like 98% compatibility with Gamecube games?

The DS.... the Flashcards.

The DSi... barely sold compared to the DS so it did not really matter how long it took to hack it for real.

The 3DS... uh.

The Wii U... Don't care.

The Switch?

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: CHT_Player

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any of you waiting for new exploits from this don't get your hopes up. Scires won't touch this with a 50ft pole, no clean room reverse engineer would, cause the moment they did it wouldn't be clean room anymore

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Better wait for SciresM reaction to this, he seemed pretty sure that no more software exploits would be available, and if anyone knows switch modding, it's him.
he probably won't answer, and it probably won't matter since he is not the only one working on those kind of thing anyway

johnsnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
he probably won't answer, and it probably won't matter since he is not the only one working on those kind of thing anyway

SciresM doesn't need to download these. He already had these leak files back in 2018 from Wack0 (he knows him very well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1