Massive Pokemon GSC leak has source code and beta creature designs for second-gen games

sX5q0Zz.png

Building upon the Space World GS demo that was leaked a while back, and a source code leak of Pokemon Blue, is a brand new discovery, involving the second-generation Pokemon games once more. Supposedly, multiple early builds of Pokemon Gold/Silver are out and about on the internet, courtesy of an anonymous 4chan user. Despite the dubious source, the alleged leak contains data for beta designs of the gen 2 Pokedex, complete with unfinished beta designs of many Pokemon featured throughout the early Gold/Silver versions, along with the source code for Pokemon Crystal. The file is 784.2 MiB.

There is a veritable treasure trove of information to dig through, including the wildly different concept sprites for some of the Johto Pokemon, a GameBoy emulator created for testing purposes by Nintendo themselves, debug builds, and much more.

NSW_S_C-132.png NSW_S_C-137.png NSW_S_C-138.png NSW_S_C-163.png NSW_S_C-175.png
NSW_S_C-185.png NSW_S_C-188.png NSW_S_C-248.png NSW_S_C-250.png

The builds themselves cannot be shared here, though they are floating around on the internet.

1587758654809.png Cx2Bvqn.png

:arrow: Source: beta build screencaps

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yoooo that's neat! Just as we thought we had everything from the beta ROMs, a while ago.

I've heard of this a few days ago, so having even more informations makes me pretty happy.

Couldn't have started playing Crystal Clear at a better time, having a serious nostalgia trip today.

D

Deleted User

Oh my God, there's more?!
I'm so happy there's so much more to see from the original Satoshi Tajiri games
I was hoping for this to leak so bad! I'm dying

Is it permitted to send links to this on DMs?
If so, someone please link me to it, I looked couldn't but I couldn't even find the blue/yellow source code leak :(

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my God, there's more?!
I'm so happy there's so much more to see from the original Satoshi Tajiri games
I was hoping for this to leak so bad! I'm dying

Is it permitted to send links to this on DMs?
If so, someone please link me to it, I looked couldn't but I couldn't even find the blue/yellow source code leak :(
No it is against the rules to link to stuff in any form or fashion on this site. Really hyped for these leaks though, I love seeing how things work on the inside

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that is a pleasant surprise!

Still holding out hope we get Red/Green beta with Gorochu sprite one day

Reactions: Brigand

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, so either these are legit and this is pretty cools, or its one big jape and in a few days I'll see "Pokemon leak was fake" here as another headline, eh

It is incredibly unlikely that this is fake. Faking that much source code would be extremely difficult. This is sort of like the moon landing; as incredible as it may seem, this would a lot harder to fake than to actually obtain. Some of the sprites and pokedex entries might be fake, but the inclusion of the previously unreleased source would strongly suggest that the rest of the leak is also real.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is incredibly unlikely that this is fake. Faking that much source code would be extremely difficult. This is sort of like the moon landing; as incredible as it may seem, this would a lot harder to fake than to actually obtain. Some of the sprites and pokedex entries might be fake, but the inclusion of the previously unreleased source would strongly suggest that the rest of the leak is also real.
Eh, just saying, some had went a long way to make some big pranks, a lot of smash-related stuff comes to mind...

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, just saying, some had went a long way to make some big pranks, a lot of smash-related stuff comes to mind...
The amount of work that goes into faking screenshots and videos is not really comparable to faking the source code for an entire game.

It could still be fake, I haven't really looked into it myself to say it isn't, but they're just not the same.

Last edited by Edgarska,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)