'Watch Dogs: Legion' source code reportedly leaked

watch dogs.jpg

Some weeks ago, ransomware gang "Egregor" claimed to have gained access to the internal networks of Ubisoft and Crytek and stole data from both companies. Now it seems that some of this data has actually been leaked in the form of the source code of Ubisoft's latest game Watch Dogs: Legion. There are various reports of private trackers hosting this stolen code at a size of around 560 GB. This could make way for mods, optimization and cracking of the game’s anti-piracy measures.

As for Crytek, "Egregor" apparently found documents detailing the developer's plans. These include plans for a battle-royale game called Crysis Next, Crysis VR and a new Ryse game. Additionally, their findings showed that the developer might also be planning to remaster Crysis 2 and Crysis 3.

As the source code for Watch Dogs: Legion has leaked, here's a reminder that at GBAtemp we do not, under any circumstances, condone piracy, and will not facilitate the spreading of illegal ISO files, or any other kind of warez. Please be mindful when posting in threads and:

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans.
This isn't our first rodeo, you have been warned!

If you see any of these activities, please report them.

If you have any questions please refer to :arrow:GBAtemp's TOS

:arrow: SOURCE

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I enjoyed playing it. If you want to call me a fool, sure, but at least I'm a happy fool that didn't insult any one else or try to tell some one else they aren't allowed to enjoy things!

You quoted me trying to tell me I was telling others what they can and can't play?

But yes, it looks like I have confused you with the toxic kid, partially die to my posts being merged, but mostly due to stupidity, I apologise.

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
kid, you really need to grow up, such a hypocrite.

You were the one first attacking people for voicing their disappointment at the mess of this game.

I also never said you couldn't enjoy it, so pathetic. WHY so a blind fanboy?
A toxic one at that

The fool comment was in reply to another user, who was replying to you (another user you were aggressive with). The comment was auto merged.
Ummmm

That was my first post in this topic. Are you confusing me with some one else?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Maybe someone'll do an actual PC port

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario 64 source code was never leaked. The game was reverse engineered which extreeeeeeemely different.
it was leaked, it just had nothing to do with the reverse engineering.

Holy shit didn't even hear of that. That rendered their whole work worthless.
didn't see this til later, but no not worthless at all. The decomp is legally usable while getting a hold of and anything that used toe source code isn't. Yes YOU may not care but for many of us this distinction makes a world of difference.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-

um what

Not sure what you mean by "the reviews were bad" with a combined metascore of 75. That is not bad. That is not even mediocre.

I'm not a fanboy. I just enjoyed the game. You're just a petty hater.

Why are you so adamant to defend this game?
I posted once here.
I just thought the backlash that the game gets here is not justified. Especially not the extensive bashings that the numbnut quoted above is producing.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Realistically, what harm could this do?
I mean, whoever wanted to pirate it already did so.
Only thing I can see coming are mods. Or total conversions of the game as the engine is there.
I don't think that this is much of a hit to Ubisoft.
The poor bastard that possibly let himself get hacked, on the other hand...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RE Watch dogs 1. I will stand up for it. Played the PS3 version way back (even reviewed it for here). Was a company dipping a toe into the waters of open world while GTA and Saint's Row loomed large but still had enough charm that I was curious to see where the series went.

[mario 64 leak making the decompilation worthless]

didn't see this til later, but no not worthless at all. The decomp is legally usable while getting a hold of and anything that used toe source code isn't. Yes YOU may not care but for many of us this distinction makes a world of difference.

The decompilation is not legally usable. It is a textbook case of derived work that is all kinds of forbidden by copyright law. Firing something through a disassembler or decompiler, and fiddling with the results a bit to make them pretty does not make a new work any more than playing a song you heard from the radio and transcribed your own song.

As I understood it though the leaked source code bundled in with one of the gigaleaks was more like 95% which meant it was hard to build, though as it had comments and some things the devs did not include in the final build it had some info some were happy to extract.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone do the same with Cyberpunk please? Not even the source code, just a recent master build would be fine. No? Fine. Like @Xzi said, I am interested too in if it includes the Denuvo implementation as well. It would be devastating to that DRM if it did, for at least a year when they implement a new method. I'm sure the right people have it if it does.

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some weeks ago, ransomware gang "Egregor" claimed to have gained access to the internal networks of Ubisoft and Crytek and stole data from both companies. Now it seems that some of this data has actually been leaked in the form of the source code of Ubisoft's latest game Watch Dogs: Legion. There are various reports of private trackers hosting this stolen code at a size of around 560 GB. This could make way for mods, optimization and cracking of the game’s anti-piracy measures.

As for Crytek, "Egregor" apparently found documents detailing the developer's plans. These include plans for a battle-royale game called Crysis Next, Crysis VR and a new Ryse game. Additionally, their findings showed that the developer might also be planning to remaster Crysis 2 and Crysis 3.

As the source code for Watch Dogs: Legion has leaked, here's a reminder that at GBAtemp we do not, under any circumstances, condone piracy, and will not facilitate the spreading of illegal ISO files, or any other kind of warez. Please be mindful when posting in threads and:

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans.
This isn't our first rodeo, you have been warned!

If you see any of these activities, please report them.

If you have any questions please refer to :arrow:GBAtemp's TOS

:arrow: SOURCE

crysis vr exploding oculus quest 8s since 2025

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya