Nvidia suffers from hack, confidential company data leaked online

nvidia-768x432.jpg

The latest victim of a major ransomware attack appears to be Nvidia, as the tech giant confirmed that had been hacked. A group called LAPSUS$ took credit for hacking the company, claiming that they had accessed 1TB of sensitive and confidential information, with the intent to leak it to the public. According to initial reports, Nvidia had been hit with a ransomware attack, though an official statement from the company itself claims that it had been a security breach instead. Nvidia says it, "does not anticipate any disruption to our business or our ability to serve our customers as a result of the incident." despite leaks beginning to circulate online.

LAPSUS$ began to make demands saying they would refrain from posting more of the leak online if Nvidia followed their orders, which include making their GPU drivers open-source. The hacking group said the company has until Friday, March 4th to meet their requirements, otherwise, they will post "the complete silicon, graphics, ad computer chipset files for all recent Nvidia GPUs, including the RTX 3090 TI, and upcoming revisions".

hackersknownas4chan.png

As for what the hackers have already posted online in order to force Nvidia's hand, it seems like files relating to their exclusive Deep Learning Super Sampling 2.2 AI technology have been leaked. According to those who have gone through the leak, there are also files regarding an "NVN2", a possible successor to the NVN API used in the Nintendo Switch. While there is nothing concrete in the data, it has gotten online discourse about the theoretical Switch Pro brewing again once more.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted about this in the user-submitted news yesterday... :rolleyes:

So thanks for that. 🤡
I know how that feels, I think GBAtemp needs a better way to handle User Submitted news, as the current system just disheartening user to post "news" ...I know I stop trying

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I COULD love A LITTLE of leaked of information but, use it to blackmail someone, its really low...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would be supprised if russians did this for cryptomining (for scchematics to mass produce theier own mining gpu's) seeing that the sanctions from everyone is hurting them badly

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would be supprised if russians did this for cryptomining (for scchematics to mass produce theier own mining gpu's) seeing that the sanctions from everyone is hurting them badly
maybe,state Sponsored ones... The big buzz now is that Anonymous is stating They have taken over Russian Spy satellites

Anonymous hackers claim attack on Russia’s space agency but Roscosmos chief calls them ‘fraudsters and swindlers’

and the Underbellies are hinting that Russian hacker are turning on Putin,
or course it can also be they are workin for their own account also

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather than speculate based on source code leaks and make assumptions, I prefer to wait till Ninty makes an official announcement regarding their glorified mythical Switch Pro.

Last edited by urbanman2004,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish these hackers would go after the current administration, The world Economic Forum, Soros, and a few others. Do some good. Might as well hit BLM while you are at it because they don't confess anything they're up to.
The difference is that they'd be putting a target on themselves while Nvidia, there's no life threat.

Let's see who in 2030 will be happy and owns nothing.

Reactions: XDel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BakerMan what systems do you have
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are your favorite games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are you currently playing?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Just started God of War 2 on the PS2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?