Christmas Nintendo Gigaleak reportedly contains Mariko BootRom source code and Let's Go beta

d.png

Merry Christmas, GBAtemp! Today may be a very Merry Christmas for those that like to dig into leaked data, as the latest files from the ongoing Gigaleak--part 8, to be exact--have made their way online, supposedly. According to those who have already gotten their hands on the illegally-obtained files, within the .zips lurks a beta build for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee as well as a major bit of data: the source code for the Mariko BootRom, with classified files straight from NVIDIA. As always, sharing these files is against GBAtemp's ToS, but feel free to discuss them!

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, technically it was public the moment Wack0 shared all that stuff with others. We are not even close to the estimated 1 TB he got out of over 2. 2021 may be an interesting leak year to come.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yet some people had no problems selling modchips until they went to jail.

My point is no *respectable dev will touch them

i know that but strange that these documents are dated in 2016...before the release of the switch

Not to me,they have had early design and prototype concepts as far back as 2014. Though back then they would have been using the nivida dev stuff if they even had hardware back then

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My point is no *respectable dev will touch them

Not to me,they have had early design and prototype concepts as far back as 2014. Though back then they would have been using the nivida dev stuff if they even had hardware back then

the reason why i find it strange is that they have documents of MARIKO in 2016.....before the release of the switch in general........why bring a console out and a year later a slightly better version of it if you have plans and documents of both versions before the general release?

sorry if i ask stupid questions but my knowledge about technical things is not really great....i am no programmer or something advanced... (i only know how to use and install hacks/ mods but cant programm a bit xD)

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ooh all the people bashing Nintendo because they protect their property. Lets face it, if you have you own company, do you wnat people to steal all the hard work that you do? Eeveryone is holding on the "CFW for preserving my copies and for homebrew" But lets people be honest, they care about playing all kind of games with CFW. So yes Nintendo has all the right to protect their properties, if you dont agree that is another story.

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ooh all the people bashing Nintendo because they protect their property. Lets face it, if you have you own company, do you wnat people to steal all the hard work that you do? Eeveryone is holding on the "CFW for preserving my copies and for homebrew" But lets people be honest, they care about playing all kind of games with CFW. So yes Nintendo has all the right to protect their properties, if you dont agree that is another story.

they dont bash because they protect their property.......they bash because they overdo it...stalking Hackers?...collect Private datas....where they live..their releationships? what they work?...really? i mean ok they have the right to find out where they live...but their Releationship and other private shit is not right.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
they dont bash because they protect their property.......they bash because they overdo it...stalking Hackers?...collect Private datas....where they live..their releationships? what they work?...really? i mean ok they have the right to find out where they live...but their Releationship and other private shit is not right.

Come one its their property. Nintendo has all the right to take any meassures. We know that most of people dont download CFW just for "Homebrew" When Nintendo trows a new update and CFW is not working, everyone is asking when a new update is going to be released so they can continue playing on CFW. People get angry because Nintendo take meassures to stop people using CFW games, that normally are bought on stores or Eshop. I do like CFW as well, but just blamimg Nintendo and all while people are using their services for free is not fair at all, is it.

Reactions: crea

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Come one its their property. Nintendo has all the right to take any meassures. We know that most of people dont download CFW just for "Homebrew" When Nintendo trows a new update and CFW is not working, everyone is asking when a new update is going to be released so they can continue playing on CFW. People get angry because Nintendo take meassures to stop people using CFW games, that normally are bought on stores or Eshop. I do like CFW as well, but just blamimg Nintendo and all while people are using their services for free is not fair at all, is it.

i guess you didnt understood what i meant but ok.....there are allways people who say f...nintendo cfw needs update again and so on.....but many dont even bash at em in this case .....Nintendo can protect their property....they can take measurements against....but what not ok is...even if they are hackers......they dont have the right to get ANY PRIVATE INFO about em.....ok.....living place and work is ok (they actually need that info)..but....what tf they need releationship.....family and other crap?......thats what is concerning.....to force someone to work for em....i mean....WTF

Last edited by Purple_Heart,
Reactions: agpixel

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason why i find it strange is that they have documents of MARIKO in 2016.....before the release of the switch in general........why bring a console out and a year later a slightly better version of it if you have plans and documents of both versions before the general release?

sorry if i ask stupid questions but my knowledge about technical things is not really great....i am no programmer or something advanced... (i only know how to use and install hacks/ mods but cant programm a bit xD)
Mariko was finalized in late 2017, I’m not surprised it was being worked on in 2016.

Reactions: HollowGrams

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but the question is why even bring the first revision out ....why work on 2 revisions

There probably was a deal to use up the rest of nvidias stock of Tegra X1's sitting around to save $. keep in mind that nintendo went full on trying to profit off switch hardware sales. It was not being sold at a loss.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries