Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Dayardie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But you do get an update folder right next to the xci...
you need the proper keys to have ChoiDujour work fully, but not if you just want to get the update folder out of the xci...

Thanks yes its created "titlename - update folder". I copied whole update folder to my sdcard \FIRMS.

Booted up into SX OS 1.5 then ran ChoiDuJourNX via Homebrew but only get blankscreen.....
Tinfoil run fine via this option - any ideas what next?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see the "full factory reset" option is crossed so it won't apply. Other than that everything seems fine, even though you don't need to enable auto-rcm if you are just going from 2.0.0 to 2.0.0 with exFAT support. (Unless you were previously on 1.0 and upgraded from there without burning fuses, but this seems unlikely.)
Well I honestly don't know since this Switch was used when I got it and I don't know what the previous owner did with it so I want to be safe about it since it wasn't modded before I got it.

Last edited by qaz015393,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I honestly don't know since this Switch was used when I got it and I don't know what the previous owner did with it so I want to be safe about it since it wasn't modded before I got it.
You can check the number of efuses burnt via hekate by selecting "Console info" and then "Print fuse info". If it says "Burnt fuses: 2" then you can disable autorcm since your switch has already burnt the 2 fuses corresponding to FW 2.0.0. If it says "Burnt fuses: 1" then you're the lucky owner of a switch downgradable to 1.0.0 .

Last edited by LeMageFro,
Reactions: qaz015393

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check tu number of efuse burnt via hekate by selecting "Console info" and then "Print fuse info". If it says "Burnt fuses: 2" then you can disable autorcm since your switch has already burnt the 2 fuses corresponding to FW 2.0.0. If it says "Burnt fuses: 1" then you're the lucky owner of a switch downgradable to 1.0.0 .
Ok I'll check but I already updated with it enabled just to be double sure.

Reactions: LeMageFro

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to update to 5.1.0 without burning the fuses, I'll use this but how can i stop the GC update? I don't quite understand it? I understand it said it woupf give me a launch that i have to ALWAYS run but what if I want yo continue using sx cfw and not use hekate cfw all the time? Because I would like to use sx if I still can.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to update to 5.1.0 without burning the fuses, I'll use this but how can i stop the GC update? I don't quite understand it? I understand it said it woupf give me a launch that i have to ALWAYS run but what if I want yo continue using sx cfw and not use hekate cfw all the time? Because I would like to use sx if I still can.
You cannot stop the gamecart controller update and use SX OS at the same time until TX provides nogc support in SX OS (boot.dat)

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot stop the gamecart controller update and use SX OS at the same time until TX provides nogc support in SX OS (boot.dat)
Ok so i can still update with this and still use the latest SX OS and be ok? Would hate to only usr hekate cfw and not be able to use SX OS again because I want to update to 5.1.0 (since I read my console is one that would brick if i ever downgraded anf then updated again.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i can still update with this and still use the latest SX OS and be ok? Would hate to only usr hekate cfw and not be able to use SX OS again because I want to update to 5.1.0 (since I read my console is one that would brick if i ever downgraded anf then updated again.
As long as you are using SX OS V1.2+, you will be fine. Lower versions of SX OS either did not bypass the fuse check or prevent the fuses from being burnt. Also keep in mind that as soon as you use SX OS on a firmware above 4.0, you will no longer be able to use retail cartridges on firmwares below 4.0

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you are using SX OS V1.2+, you will be fine. Lower versions of SX OS either did not bypass the fuse check or prevent the fuses from being burnt. Also keep in mind that as soon as you use SX OS on a firmware above 4.0, you will no longer be able to use retail cartridges on firmwares below 4.0
That's fine. I'm pretty sure that the first SX OS I used was V1. 3 since it came out when I got my pro. I also have another Switch that I'm not hacking so I'm fine with my game cards. Just wanted to double and triple check before I update my 2.0.0 Switch to 5.1.0 now :yay:
Ok another question, I won't be able to use my retail cards but can I still back them up to play them or will that not work? Because wondering if I should make backups of my games before I update.

Last edited by qaz015393,

Amino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update 3.0.0 to 5.1.0 with ChoiNX
So if I want go back to 3.0.0 can i just Retore with Hekate ??

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok another question, I won't be able to use my retail cards but can I still back them up to play them or will that not work? Because wondering if I should make backups of my games before I update.
I'm actually unsure if .XCI files will work on a Switch with an updated gamecart slot on firmwares below 4.0 or not. They will still work normally on firmwares of 4.0 and above however if that is also your concern.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually unsure if .XCI files will work on a Switch with an updated gamecart slot on firmwares below 4.0 or not. They will still work normally on firmwares of 4.0 and above however if that is also your concern.
Yeah as long as I can use my backups and freeshop and everything else I'm good. So I'm hoping that I can back up my Skyrim and play it on the Switch (even if i havr yo convert the XCI to NPS to install it)

Dayardie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks yes its created "titlename - update folder". I copied whole update folder to my sdcard \FIRMS.

Booted up into SX OS 1.5 then ran ChoiDuJourNX via Homebrew but only get blankscreen.....
Tinfoil run fine via this option - any ideas what next?

Sorry bumping for replies....
Checked about 10 pages back - others are also getting blank screen running ChoiDuJourNX via SX OS Homebrew starter. Is is a no go to run this way - no one else got a response either?

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry bumping for replies....
Checked about 10 pages back - others are also getting blank screen running ChoiDuJourNX via SX OS Homebrew starter. Is is a no go to run this way - no one else got a response either?
first entry in the FAQ. unless they add debugging services to their launcher it's not gonna work

r6tro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
works like a charm on 3.0.1! just a few questions im unsure of:
- if i update to the latest version from 3.0.1 and a coldboot exploit comes out, i downgrade back to 3.0.1 will the coldboot exploit work?
- if i bricked my switch on the latest firmware will restoring my 3.0.1 nand fix it or do i have to backup the nand on the latest firmware?
- can i use this to update to the latest firmware if i disable autorcm?

thanks!

Last edited by r6tro,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works like a charm on 3.0.1! just a few questions im unsure of:
- if i update to the latest version from 3.0.1 and a coldboot exploit comes out, i downgrade back to 3.0.1 will it work?
- if i bricked my switch on the latest firmware will restoring my 3.0.1 nand fix it?

thanks!
  • You must update without burning fuses. If you update while burning fuses (e.g. through online or a cartridge), you will be unable to return to 3.0.1 without using RCM first which defeats the purpose of using a lower firmware for another exploit. This is because you will need to use an exploit to make your console load a lower firmware. Update without burning fuses by using this tool to the firmware of your choice
  • Yes

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be more specific, this tool doesn't burn fuses because it enables AutoRCM after the update is installed. The official way to update from Nintendo wipes out AutoRCM, which means rebooting after an official update will burn your fuses.

If you don't have a 100% reliable way to enter RCM after rebooting, then you're more than likely going to burn your fuses--with or without ChoiDujourNX; and this is why AutoRCM is included during the update installation by default.

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so my instance of 3.0.2 > 5.0.2 exFAT isn't recognizing my 128GB microSD anymore.

I'm using the .7.4 release of your but none of the options in [Launch Firmware] are working.

how can I tell if I'm patching FS.kp1 in any way?

porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

Rajkosto,
Thank you very much for this tool and especially for all that you have done and put to the benefit of the community.:switch:

Before I start and after reading all the questions and answers I have some doubts and I need your help.

-I have a N Switch Fw 3.0.0 and SXOS PRO 1.5 + dongle
-I installed the CFW RajNX 0.7.4

1- Can I use the RajNX 0.7.4 instead of the hekate_fspatches_v3.bin?
2- If so, what is the CFW to choose in the rajnx_ipl.ini? [RajNX CFW - PreventGCUpdate]?
3- The original rajnx_ipl.ini is ok or must be modified ?
4- Does this order work?
- Load SX-OS 1.5 menu
- Launch payload "rajnx_ipl.bin"
- Launch RajNX CFW - PreventGCUpdate from payload.
- Launch ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
- Choose FW and AutoRCM enabled

Thanks for your help.
porto;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...