RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rajkosto, Aug 1, 2018.

1. yungxcve

yungxcve Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Might be a silly question, but just wondering: If I already went through the exfat update process on my current firmware (3.0.1) and want to use this tool to go to 5.1.0, to keep exfat do I have to select the exfat option or can I leave that alone?

Thanks.

2. rajkosto
    OP

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    Do you want to have exFAT on 5.1.0 or not ?!

3. yungxcve

yungxcve Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Yes, but I figured the exfat update I previously went through would carry over. I suppose it does not.

Thanks!

4. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    It's not a separate "update".

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no SDXC update. The console supports SDXC but not exFAT out of the box.

daxtsu likes this.
  6. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Too bad they don't just use NTFS. Lol

7. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    can I get help with ChoiDujour? I added it on my fat32 memory card and my system is on 2.0.0. I want to update to latest without burning the fuses can I please get some help on it because I booted ChoiDujour but got black screen. I don't know what I did wrong

8. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    You have to be using a debug-enabled Homebrew Menu to launch it correctly. Please read the first post fully before asking questions.

Last edited by Serfrost, Aug 18, 2018
    qaz015393 likes this.
  9. gingerbread

gingerbread Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Looks like a nice and useful tool, but how are we supposed to use this, without any sources and build instructions ?
    I'm not against binary distribution of programs, but preventing users from choosing by only providing them precompiled binaries is not acceptable.

I guess we're stuck with choidujour.py for now, and let's hope it will not soon be deprecated (if not already) in favor of this newer choidujourNX...

Last edited by gingerbread, Aug 18, 2018
  10. 877

877 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Seems a little ungrateful. It seems easy enough to use. I don’t mind being “stuck” with this version myself, and am grateful for people who release such useful tools.

11. Nononoki

Nononoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2012
    Gambia, The
    I need some help.

I am on 3.0.2 with exfat update installed and want to update to 4.1.0. I do not really know how to extract the update partition of Kirby.xci, also are there any risks of the Switch being unable to read the MicroSD card since it's exfat and 4.1.0 doesn't support it yet?

12. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    4.1.0 doesn't support exfat ?

13. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    easiest way to extract the update from the xci if you don't want to mess with hactool command line is just use patch.bat from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/

loading Choi from 3.0.2 exFAT and choosing 4.1.0 exFAT update will install everything you need to continue using exFAT. it'll only fail to read if you intentionally choose to install it without exFAT

Nononoki likes this.
  14. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    You can also run the xci through ChoiDujour PC version (simply by dragging xci onto the ChoiDujour.exe should do it), it will make an update folder containing the update from it right next to it, before it does anything else.

Nononoki likes this.
  15. Dayardie

Dayardie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    France
    Just tried this with M...Tennis.XCI. DOS box flashes up but goes no files/folder created. Any ideas - running on Win10?

16. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    You need to have a prod.keys file in ~/.switch/ the contents are irrelevant

17. Dayardie

Dayardie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    France
    So put in blank prod.keys files and get this error from command line. With a proper prod.keys files get lots of fail key matchs - help please

ChoiDujour 1.1.0 by rajkosto
    uses hactool by SciresM (https://github.com/SciresM/hactool)
    visit https://switchtools.sshnuke.net for updates and more Switch stuff!

Extracting files from .\0152 - Sonic Forces (Europe) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Pl,Ru).xci to folder .\0152 - Sonic Forces (Europe) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Pl,Ru)_update
    Found 92 meta and 91 data NCAs in C:\technical\xecuter\HacDiskMount1044\0152 - Sonic Forces (Europe) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Pl,Ru)_update
    Package contains 'NX' firmware version '2.3.0' (2.3.0.0) = NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 2.3.0-0(hash : 3ed3bbc8885b6362f4f244dcecd2b430fa27310e)
    Using TitleID 010000000000081b for Normal firmware package
    Using TitleID 010000000000081a for SAFE firmware package
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 631, in <module>
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 222, in call_hactool
    Exception: Failed to decrypt PK21! Is correct key present?. Code: 1
    [12592] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

18. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    But you do get an update folder right next to the xci...
    you need the proper keys to have ChoiDujour work fully, but not if you just want to get the update folder out of the xci...

Dayardie likes this.
  19. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    So I'm in ChoiDujourNX I want to know if I'm doing this right to update to exfat, (check attachment) now it says full factory reset - will it delete my memory card? Is this right to update to use exfat?

Attached Files:

20. LeMageFro

LeMageFro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    France
    As you can see the "full factory reset" option is crossed so it won't apply. Other than that everything seems fine, even though you don't need to enable auto-rcm if you are just going from 2.0.0 to 2.0.0 with exFAT support. (Unless you were previously on 1.0 and upgraded from there without burning fuses, but this seems unlikely.)