miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that this is not the right section for this topic, but it's the most frequented translation section of the whole board and I don't think posting in the General PC section makes too much sense.. :/ But if this is a no-go, feel free to move it. :>

Anyways, there is this awesome Princess Maker clone for Windows, which is easily hackable, all files are extracted already, but it is in Chinese.

So, while I know tons of people speaking Japanese, I don't know anyone who could help out with a Chinese to English translation.. :/ so here I am, asking for help with this.

You can find more info about the translation and the game on my blog:
http://geekouts.blog...-lair-land.html

I hope I'll be able to find someone who's interested in working on this with me. If you got any questions, feel free to ask here, send me a PM or reply on my blog... :)

-----

small update:

Translation is somewhat progressing and I finally found some time to edit menu images and improve the quality of the sprites (which means mostly just sharpening them a little since they were awfully blurry.)

Inserting works just fine and I'll update again as soon as a complete menu translation is done. :) (which will take a couple of weeks ;P)

c0xbjtofi0xgko5hg.jpg

c0xbm054zvbi0cszo.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

I could do this (Yeah,I can read and speak Chinese), but I'm not sure, does it involve alot of knowledge in coding or anything? D:

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
(2 months ago, I carried her back to the city collapsed, pushed open the door of the church, to see things the Father told.) [N]

(The Priest touched her forehead, deep sigh of relief.) [N]

(He told me that this child is not an ordinary person, her body was granted divine power, which is the earth goddess's divine gift.) [N]

(I can not predict which children have such a powerful force on the world is a blessing or a curse, but she's there, perhaps the goddess to give the world the test.) [N]

(Later, need someone to guide her, teach her our culture, hard to let her feel the world of good.) [N]

(As long as the child by the suffering of people willing to pray for peace and hope, from disaster to end ...) [n]

(After listening to the priest's words, if we are to the world who are suffering, and to this girl, I am willing to take the responsibility to teach her!) [N]

(On that day, I did something since birth, had never done before.) [N]

(That thing ... is ...) [n]

(In front of the goddess, a promise ...) [n]

(I, Baron Hilo, will take on the girl's guardian.) [N]

(And swear in front of the great goddess, and will protect her at all costs, until ...) [n]

(Until ... she has the ability to determine their own future date.) [N]

(... However, two months later, I found that she seems to understand anything, whether it is human knowledge, or culture, manners, ideas ...) [n]
(She, like new-born baby like, things have any curiosity and enthusiasm ...) [n]
(However, I have a name for her.) [N]

(Suddenly, I remembered the first encounter her, she prayed, "Light Rain" moment, such a sentence has been shouting.) [N]

(By the way, called her Liya it!) [N]

[Father] [r]
Hilo, Liya on our culture and lifestyle do not know, she needs to learn. [N]

[Father] [r]
If no one taught her, here she is difficult to survive independently. [N]

[Father] [r]
As for courses, travel has set out in detail. Still early to decide how to nurture her. [N]

[Father] [r]
If you have the right to teach to the child's potential, the future will be successful, maybe the city will bring a bright future. [N]

[Father] [r]
If you encounter any difficulties, they may take the child to church, the goddess of mercy will help her tide over their difficulties. [N]

[Father] [r]
Ah, it seems that she has used to get along with you. [N]

[Father] [r]
Hilo, it is late, I return to church. Goodbye. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Hilo, I, Ge Naina. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Since the war ended, the city everywhere has been severely damaged, these places require a lot of manpower and resources ... [n]

[Ge Naina] [r]
In the maintenance, of course, is more of a force more than one person. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
So many sites set itinerary contribution projects, mainly for the building maintenance work. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
As Baron, please for the king of the city to do, more or less make it a bit of responsibility. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
Hilo, there are many homeless people are crowded into the church inside ... [n]

[Philippines] [r]
More and more people began to "faith" of the earth goddess, but this is not completely over because of her gospel people ... they just want the church to occupy a bench only. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
However, the current priority is the reconstruction of the city, I and Ge Naina will participate. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
King City's recent deterioration of the security ... some of the people displaced by the war; and now gathered in the square and the streets are those people looking for work ... ... [n]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Maintenance of the railway station has now finished, ah ... but still a need for crowd control at the moment can not relax, I should also leave. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
Goodbye, Ge Naina. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
Ah! Suddenly remembered having a job more suitable for Liya, because the church has recently become particularly busy, need someone to reception and cleaning, may allow her to give it a try. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
Just compensation is not much, but for God and people but also be another form of learning. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
At present it is difficult to get work, job information are set out in the journey. Sometimes the balance of family expenses, salaries can not rely on thin court. [N]

[Philippines] [r]
Can be said and the future life may be very difficult, but in his view the goddess, which is washing the dust of the past, time to start afresh. [N]

[Liya] [r]
Xiexiexiluo and everyone so concerned about me ... [n]

[Liya] [r]
The future, I will try hard. [N]

;------------------------------------------------- -----------
; Event 1012 (Main Story) (ADD)

[Soldier] King City [r]
Baron you, sorry to bother you. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
According to the city's carpenters say, in the suburbs of the woods appeared strange butterfly, that seems to be light ... [n]

[Soldier] King City [r]
Groups of butterflies flying light, is indeed rare ah. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
To ensure safety, the court will be sent to the survey, issued a temporary order prohibiting any person alone to the woods. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
So, I'll notify you and Liya lady. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
Excuse me, baron Lord, I have to rush to inform other people. [N]

; Event 4001 (Grana Story)

[Ge Naina] [r]
The city of instability, as is the duty of soldiers. Any vandalism, trouble, all to catch up. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
Yes, the captain assured. [N]

[Soldier] King City [r]
At present the gates and streets are very quiet, we will deploy more than a few soldiers on patrol. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Hilo, as you can see, I take up the city to maintain law and order and the task of reconstruction after the call is not happy long period of aristocratic leisure. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Group of nobles often nothing you can look, when chaos abandon their duties, turned a deaf ear to the people whine. [N]

Not so serious, right? There are always exceptions gracious person, right? [R]
Not so serious, right? What really happened, people will naturally come forward. [R]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Well, there are exceptions of people exist? [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
War has long been the most gracious people away, the rest of the table but had plenty of its people. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Usually you should do all preparedness, to ensure a good atmosphere system. Otherwise, wait until the situation was serious when dealing with, too late. [N]

[Ge Naina] [r]
Passive and active is different, do not compare me and you. [N]

Undo edits

D

Deleted User

Google translate... >_>

Yup : Just tried, it's Google translate. (AM TALKING TO ZERO)

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got bored, so I tried translating a few lines just for the hell of it. Don't expect me to be 100% accurate. :P

(2個月前,我抱著昏倒的她回到了城裡,推開了教堂的大門時,把所見到的事情都告訴了神父。)[n]
Two months ago, I have carried her, who has lost consciousness, back to the castle. After push open the church's door, I told the priest everything that I have seen.

(神父摸著她的額頭,深深地喘了一口氣。)[n]
The priest patted her forehead, and gave a deep sigh.

(他告訴我,這個孩子並不是普通的人,她的身體被授予了神聖的力量,這是大地女神賜予她的神聖禮物。)[n]
He told me that this child is not a normal human. Her body was bestowed with sacred power. That is the sacred gift the Earth goddess has granted to her.

I'm just wondering why are there still some people who thinks using pure machine translation will help anyone? :/

miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's because a lot of people still prefer any translation instead of no translation. If it's words they can understand, even if they make no sense next to each other, they are pleased. Which is somehow sad. :>

And thanks for translating a few lines. :) Something keeps bothering me about the "push open" though. It's definitely missing either an "I" or an "ing". Since English is not my native language I'd like to know if it should be "After I push opened the church's door, I told the priest everything that I had seen."; "After I push open the church's door, I tell the priest everything that I have seen." or "After push opening the church's door, I tell the priest everything that I have seen (or saw?)."

I'm just curious about this personally. oO

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's because a lot of people still prefer any translation instead of no translation. If it's words they can understand, even if they make no sense next to each other, they are pleased. Which is somehow sad. :>

And thanks for translating a few lines. :) Something keeps bothering me about the "push open" though. It's definitely missing either an "I" or an "ing". Since English is not my native language I'd like to know if it should be "After I push opened the church's door, I told the priest everything that I had seen."; "After I push open the church's door, I tell the priest everything that I have seen." or "After push opening the church's door, I tell the priest everything that I have seen (or saw?)."

I'm just curious about this personally. oO

My bad. Was translating it without putting too much thought into proofreading. It should be, "After pushing open the church's door, I told the priest everything that I have seen."

miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My bad. Was translating it without putting too much thought into proofreading. It should be, "After pushing open the church's door, I told the priest everything that I have seen."
But it stays "told" and "have seen"? Simple past and ..err present perfect? And not past perfect? I know I'm somewhat obsessed right now, but to be honest, I couldn't even say which you would correctly use in German (my native) and it bothers me. Or would past perfect only be used if "pushing open" was replaced with "I pushed open"?

...yeah. Sorry about my grammar obsession. XD

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But it stays "told" and "have seen"? Simple past and ..err present perfect? And not past perfect? I know I'm somewhat obsessed right now, but to be honest, I couldn't even say which you would correctly use in German (my native) and it bothers me. Or would past perfect only be used if "pushing open" was replaced with "I pushed open"?

...yeah. Sorry about my grammar obsession. XD

"After I pushed open the church's door, I told the priest everything that I saw." :X

miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"After I pushed open the church's door, I told the priest everything that I saw." :X
Gosh, I know why I chose the summary part instead of the grammar one at my final exam. I mean, I get this stuff right when I just keep writing without thinking about it (at least most of the time), but as soon as I have to define this stuff I'm utterly lost. XD

Thanks for clarifying!

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gosh, I know why I chose the summary part instead of the grammar one at my final exam. I mean, I get this stuff right when I just keep writing without thinking about it (at least most of the time), but as soon as I have to define this stuff I'm utterly lost. XD

Thanks for clarifying!

D

Deleted User

If anyone (xdarkx >_>) that also knows Chinese can spare a minute on this I'll be grateful:

"所以,行程內設定了不少地點的貢獻項目,主要是針對各項建築物的維修工作。"

I understand it in ways but also don't so if you know please help. :D

oh and yep,I still need help on the sentence :3

Update: I've finished *Event 1001(Main Story)* and *Event 1012(Main Story)(ADD)* working on *Event 4001 (Grana Story)*

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone (xdarkx >_>) that also knows Chinese can spare a minute on this I'll be grateful:

"所以,行程內設定了不少地點的貢獻項目,主要是針對各項建築物的維修工作。"

I understand it in ways but also don't so if you know please help. :D

oh and yep,I still need help on the sentence :3

Update: I've finished *Event 1001(Main Story)* and *Event 1012(Main Story)(ADD)* working on *Event 4001 (Grana Story)*

Y U CALLING ME OUT!?!?

jk

Anyways, I understand the sentence as well... right after I look at the other lines of text that you didn't posted here...

"That's why the activity settings consists of many contribution category, which is mainly for covering each types of building maintenance."

That's the best I can come up with.

D

Deleted User

xdarkx, do you mind finishing Grana's story up for me?
I've done half of it so it shouldn't be much work,
if you don't mind doing it go ahead and change
the ones that can be made better :/

( I'll PM you if you agree)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...