kdkade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i have a few questions about GTA: chinatown wars

1st, is it true, that users of acekard2 will have to buy new version of Acekard to run that game-rom on it?

2nd, is it known, or are there any not-so-official informations about the size of that game?

3rd, do anyone know anything about R* 's ways to protect their game from running it on acekard and others?

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
well it's not released until mid-march, so unless it's been leaked way ahead of schedule and im not aware of it, we probably won't know about any protection or other flashcart issues until release (or shortly before) when the rom is dumped.

i can't imagine it being so well protected that you would actually have to buy a whole new flashcart just to run it, though - most likely if there *is* any additional protection it'll be bypassed within a few days by a loader update/cheat codes.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to give you an idea how great copy protection on the DS is just look at chrono trigger, it had new fancy smancy copy prevention, which was broken the same day it was dumped by a simple cheat code.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kdkade said:

1st, is it true, that users of acekard2 will have to buy new version of Acekard to run that game-rom on it?

2nd, is it known, or are there any not-so-official informations about the size of that game?

3rd, do anyone know anything about R* 's ways to protect their game from running it on acekard and others?

1. Since when can a DS game be blocked from a flashcart. Never heard of that. (EDIT: Just read the post above me. Even if there is a slight chance of it being blocked, someone will crack it. So Rockstar shouldn't even bother against protection.)

2. Size as in file size? Or map size?, Or game size?

3. Please result to number 1.

o.o;

kdkade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
my friend told me that he saw that info somewhere, i will ask him where. sorry for stupid questions, but i wait for that game so I'd like to know if I have a chance to play it on my A2 or not. thx for replies, anyway

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kdkade said:

acekard would never put out a new kit just to allow for 1 game to work. no i'm sure instead everyone would start posting about how it runs on the cyclo =P. i would not worry about copy protection. also do not worry about how the new protection works. neither are issues for akaio, but both are for the official.

-another world

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
wow...

tell me who wins the world series next year, since we're all fuckin' psychics here

Was that necessary?

Geez, if that's your attitude on simple questions, maybe I'll just go back to using official AK firmware and ditch AKAIO.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
Smiths said:
wow...

tell me who wins the world series next year, since we're all fuckin' psychics here

Was that necessary?

Geez, if that's your attitude on simple questions, maybe I'll just go back to using official AK firmware and ditch AKAIO.

LOL! Sensitive. The questions you asked were very...how do I say it nicely...stupid!

Anyways enjoy your crappy official FW.
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz