biggrin.gif

brocher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Happy to see that there is open source chip available
smile.gif

Let's hope that the current "mod-chip" developers now realise that to make money they will need more than just DVD+firmware hack and maybe we'll see a real mod-chip some time soon for the Wii
wink.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL

QUOTE said:
No, Chiip is no Wiinja clone!

It's based on Cyclowiz instead. ;-)

I love it.

He even includes a tutorial on how to build the programmer and how to program the chip more than just providing the code.

Excellent.... I'm tempted to go to RadioShack later...

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, from what I gather, this means we now know how to make our own modchips? Is there any other benefit to being opensource? Does tha mean people can program for it to give it more features - like a big collaborative project?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
started building it but seems the ATmega8-16 is hard to find. only place i can find it was to order it from www.hobbyengineering.com for $4 a peice... anyhow if i get it all working i can make some chips for people who wants one but doesnt want to build a programmer.

CamaroShifter88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. so how easy would it be to update the firmware? I'm sorry I haven't gone too far in searching atm (I'll search more 2morrow when I have teh time, but I don't right now). Like is it simply wiring the chip up to yoru computer through a minicontroller, then just running a .exe file and it will automatically update that chip? This is still my first time to mess with chips, and through big study, I've decided to wait till there is full-proof, upgradeable chip just in case the big N DOES manage to counter it. So since I'm still new to this, is there much of any other firmware ever released in case the f/w DOES get blocked somehow? I have no idea how to program chips so..

Thanks everyone!

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its open source, the souce code wasnt released yet, but once it is people can adjust/improve the code and upgrade the chip easily by plugging it in to the pc. running software and uploading the firmware.

If any drive hack chips are upgradeable its definitely Chiip and Wiip.

I say the most the "Man" will do is change up the drive in the next version of WII to hide or remove the solder points. i doubt they will try to detect the chip and disable or anything else since its kinda hard to access the drive to check for such changes (waste of money and time), easier just to revise the new WII

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: