Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
5758848099_f0f95c18a1.jpg

Cherophobe is an original FPS in which you must defend yourself against the unending assault of smiley faces. For every Smiley face that you defeat you will be rewarded with ten points (the high score is automatically saved when you die). Your health drains away when a smiley face is too close to you and when you run out of health the game restarts. Scattered around the environment are health packs which will raise your health. There are also boxes containing additional ammo. Like the smiley faces the health packs and ammunition will infinity re spawn but always in random places that are out of view so you will need to continue wandering around the map to find them.

Use the directional pad or the A/B/X/Y buttons to move
Use the touch screen to turn
Use the L or R buttons to shoot

Download version 1.0: http://www.multiupload.com/HZSD9QJ6S8

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
This is really cool. Reminds me of goldeneye n64, because it's the only FPS I like. Good luck, keep up the good work. I hope yuo will add in sound effects and more levels with new textures and weapons. But very nice demo.

BTW What 3D Lib are you using, it makes the shapes stretch and look unrealistic, especially when the squares have to have the lines going diagonally. This is my only problem with it.

Oh yeah, and it's difficult to move, you are making the player slide too much as if he's walking on ice or rollerskates.

ThatOtherPerson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks
smile.gif

The rendering is done with the help of the 3D functionality that's built into Libnds. lfat and lnds9 are the only libraries I'm using. I think the stretching you are referring to is caused by the high field of view (it is set to 90 and it is my understanding that the average it usually somewhere around 70 or even as low as 45). I have it set high because the wider view lets you see enemies that are more to your left or right.

I like the smoothed out slidy movement... But yeah I suspect you probably aren't the only one who disagrees with me on that. If I update the game I'll considering increasing how quickly you gain and lose momentum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good