Homebrew Checkpoint crashes every time a cheat is used

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first post here. Glad to be here!!

I have a N3DS with the latest versions of both luma and boot9strap. I know this has been asked a million times before, but what's up with Checkpoint never working whatsoever in any game? Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm primarily meaning that once any cheat is activated in any game, for example when a battle is over and I have a 2x xp cheat on for a mario & luigi game, it crashes. Or when a passive cheat like 2x run speed is turned on or whatever, it just crashes and I've scoured countless forums here and can't ever seem to find anyone who has the same issue as me. Can anyone help me figure out how to get any cheats at all working? I'm not exactly a noob but I've heard all this talk of NTR plug-ins and what not, are there any that would help me?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint is mainly used as a save manager not cheat, NTR plugins allow people to stream video output to a computer, and run cheat on the 3DS.

Last edited by Hayato213,

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint is mainly used as a save manager not cheat, NTR plugins allow people to stream video output to a computer, and run cheat on the 3DS.
Thanks for the quick reply!!

Are there any guides out there in the wild for installing an NTR plugin specifically for cheating? I couldn't find anything on the 3ds hacks guide, and I'm under the impression that most other .cia based cheat managers are dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Are there any guides out there in the wild for installing an NTR plugin specifically for cheating? I couldn't find anything on the 3ds hacks guide, and I'm under the impression that most other .cia based cheat managers are dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated!
correction, dead in the water in 2021. I see people suggest sharkive and related plugins but whenever I go to their github pages, everything is archived or outdated

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint does have some cheats, but I've noticed in some Mario games that cheats crash a system thing called BIGRED. I have no clue as to what it is or no documentation behind it, but Checkpoint is unreliable for cheats.

For NTR, Google is your friend. Github repo's contain stuff like Nanquitas 3GX Compatible Luma3DS which you should use if you plan on using NTR.

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can look up NTR

also check out this thread.

Yeah see, I go to the github and it tells me that bootntr-selector is broken in official luma3ds releases but this was in late 2020, has this been fixed? I don't want to mess anything up at all.

Checkpoint does have some cheats, but I've noticed in some Mario games that cheats crash a system thing called BIGRED. I have no clue as to what it is or no documentation behind it, but Checkpoint is unreliable for cheats.

For NTR, Google is your friend. Github repo's contain stuff like Nanquitas 3GX Compatible Luma3DS which you should use if you plan on using NTR.
Thank you for the information

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Yeah see, I go to the github and it tells me that bootntr-selector is broken in official luma3ds releases but this was in late 2020, has this been fixed? I don't want to mess anything up at all.

Thank you for the information
Nanquitas' BootNTR works with his Luma3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans