Homebrew Checkpoint crashes every time a cheat is used

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first post here. Glad to be here!!

I have a N3DS with the latest versions of both luma and boot9strap. I know this has been asked a million times before, but what's up with Checkpoint never working whatsoever in any game? Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm primarily meaning that once any cheat is activated in any game, for example when a battle is over and I have a 2x xp cheat on for a mario & luigi game, it crashes. Or when a passive cheat like 2x run speed is turned on or whatever, it just crashes and I've scoured countless forums here and can't ever seem to find anyone who has the same issue as me. Can anyone help me figure out how to get any cheats at all working? I'm not exactly a noob but I've heard all this talk of NTR plug-ins and what not, are there any that would help me?

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint is mainly used as a save manager not cheat, NTR plugins allow people to stream video output to a computer, and run cheat on the 3DS.
Thanks for the quick reply!!

Are there any guides out there in the wild for installing an NTR plugin specifically for cheating? I couldn't find anything on the 3ds hacks guide, and I'm under the impression that most other .cia based cheat managers are dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Are there any guides out there in the wild for installing an NTR plugin specifically for cheating? I couldn't find anything on the 3ds hacks guide, and I'm under the impression that most other .cia based cheat managers are dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated!
correction, dead in the water in 2021. I see people suggest sharkive and related plugins but whenever I go to their github pages, everything is archived or outdated

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint does have some cheats, but I've noticed in some Mario games that cheats crash a system thing called BIGRED. I have no clue as to what it is or no documentation behind it, but Checkpoint is unreliable for cheats.

For NTR, Google is your friend. Github repo's contain stuff like Nanquitas 3GX Compatible Luma3DS which you should use if you plan on using NTR.

YeeterMcBoi1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can look up NTR

also check out this thread.

Yeah see, I go to the github and it tells me that bootntr-selector is broken in official luma3ds releases but this was in late 2020, has this been fixed? I don't want to mess anything up at all.

Checkpoint does have some cheats, but I've noticed in some Mario games that cheats crash a system thing called BIGRED. I have no clue as to what it is or no documentation behind it, but Checkpoint is unreliable for cheats.

For NTR, Google is your friend. Github repo's contain stuff like Nanquitas 3GX Compatible Luma3DS which you should use if you plan on using NTR.
Thank you for the information

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Yeah see, I go to the github and it tells me that bootntr-selector is broken in official luma3ds releases but this was in late 2020, has this been fixed? I don't want to mess anything up at all.

Thank you for the information
Nanquitas' BootNTR works with his Luma3DS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
    I wonder...how would the gaming scene have changed had the Wii (and its bullshit motion controls and criminally neglected Classic Controller) failed?
    Gift
    Microsoft certainly wouldn't have experimented with the Kinect, that's for sure. Would Nintendo have released something like the Wii U early?
    Gift
    That would've had a different name, so as not to tie it to its failed predecessor (something the Wii U dearly wished it has gotten anyway).
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported it. Microsoft would have had something like the Kinect even if the Wii failed.
    Gift
    Veho @ Veho: PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported...