Hacking Chaos Rings III Translation Project

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the games as one rom but I am playing the first game.

Edit: I am using the dump from reddit
I assume you are referring to the Chaos rings 3 Prequel dump then. Do you have PlayStation Mobile 2.01 installed in settings? I am getting Error C2-12828-1 when i try and launch CR1,Omega,or 2. CR3 works fine :/

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
I assume you are referring to the Chaos rings 3 Prequel dump then. Do you have PlayStation Mobile 2.01 installed in settings? I am getting Error C2-12828-1 when i try and launch CR1,Omega,or 2. CR3 works fine :/

same probleme here, only CR3 works, but when I launch others games,it gaves me Error C2-12828-1

it seems cinnamon too have made a dump of his own game which works

Last edited by wakabayashy,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My versions of 1,2 and O are from the independent releases of the games on JP PSN, not from the Prequel Triology saga. Two of them came from PS+ some times ago and functions are regular games. Not that the performance is better... it's as bad as the PSM versions. Even with OC, they are some of the worst performing games I own.

As for why the cart doesn't work, downloading 1,2 and O from the cart means you are downloading encrypted versions of them from PSN. You thus have decrypted files and encrypted files at the same time and as we know, that doesn't work.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My versions of 1,2 and O are from the independent releases of the games on JP PSN, not from the Prequel Triology saga. Two of them came from PS+ some times ago and functions are regular games. Not that the performance is better... it's as bad as the PSM versions. Even with OC, they are some of the worst performing games I own.

As for why the cart doesn't work, downloading 1,2 and O from the cart means you are downloading encrypted versions of them from PSN. You thus have decrypted files and encrypted files at the same time and as we know, that doesn't work.
If your versions include the English translations can you perhaps upload them and pm me pl0x?

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any news on the translation ?

good luck :)
Yeah, apparently I'm a big dumb idiot and the thing I was worrying about can be ignored.
p2ghPIV.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask you a question and you respond this ? no comment
What? I think there's a miscommunication here.

The mbe files are now translated and inserted so all that remains are the 4 bson files (I said five before but apparently one of them wasn't translated into English, so four). I don't know where they're used in-game, so it'll be interesting.
LrEdOAU.jpg
NjQdT5u.jpg
TSvMQfw.jpg
2tmbNs6.jpg
ZvdMjuC.jpg

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
ah sorry, I've misunderstand then :o

thanks for updates ! and good luck dude

by my side, i've bought the digital version of the game and dump it (because the previous dump we had doesn't work) but unfortunately, my dump don't work :(

i'm looking forward to your patch :)

Reactions: Akatsukidarkx

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the game a bit and couldn't find where the bson text is used. The text looks to be mostly duplicates of text that appears in other files, so I think it might just be leftovers? I don't know.

Anway, here's a patch or something: https://a.pomf.cat/uymfli.zip
Just drag and drop the PCSG00457 folder onto patch.bat, then copy the generated patched CR3 folder over your old one to play in English.
Chrome detects the zip as malicious for some reason, probably because it contains a .bat and a .exe.
If you don't trust it, replace the included xdelta3.exe. You can find that here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/928/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo