Hacking Chaos Rings III Translation Project

animex2k9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on posting whatever I accomplish here, if you consider that "taking over," then okay.

I didn't mean in a wrong way, but I actually think that yours is much better than my "delete" method. Having hard time with some text that was cut and blank conversation.

Just leave a post here with your release and I'll be happy to post it on the first post with your name as the one who released it. :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see the Vita scene blowing up. Good luck.

I wanted to play 1 and 2 but I can't seem to find them on Google Play anymore...

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on posting whatever I accomplish here, if you consider that "taking over," then okay.

I believe it was meant as a compliment to your method, and wanted you to continue to completion. :) It was not meant as a sarcastic attack that you forced your way in on the work or anything. Excited to play this, thank you all for your efforts!

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey I wrote a script for converting the files from JP to ENG
And I'll still need to write a reimporter and check out the images, though even then I don't know if that would cover everything. I'll probably release something when I'm satisfied.

Awesome man!
Is that script CR3 specific or can that be used in other games?
If it were to work on other games, I'd like to test it out on Luminous Arc Infinity, seems noone is translating it :/

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It's very specific to CR3.
Aw, sad.
All right, no problem :)

Also, good luck on the translation. I'm thinking I'll already buy CR3 from play-asia and have a dumped copy waiting for your translation <3

Edit: Since the cart comes with the CR Trilogy (lame doesn't come with Omega too lol), you think the same approach would work for I and II (the grab-from-apk-english-dat)? So we would have all translated on same dump.
I played 1 on iOS (still have it installed actually) but would be nice to have all 'playable' on Vita.

Last edited by RaphaelDDL,

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, sad.

Also, good luck on the translation. I'm thinking I'll already buy CR3 from play-asia and have a dumped copy waiting for your translation <3

Edit: Since the cart comes with the CR Trilogy (lame doesn't come with Omega too lol), you think the same approach would work for I and II (the grab-from-apk-english-dat)? So we would have all translated on same dump.
I played 1 on iOS (still have it installed actually) but would be nice to have all 'playable' on Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/30/chaos-rings-ii-chaos-rings-omega-vita-updated-english-text/

Reactions: RaphaelDDL

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've converted all the English images to the correct format for reinsertion.
The phone version uses PVRTC images while the Vita uses GXT, so I used PVRTexTool to decode them and then psp2gxt to reencode.
2QwAl2z.jpg
j4UiWdg.jpg
It looks messed up because I didn't reimport the alpha channel images (still haven't made a reimporter, new files were 16 bytes larger than the originals), but I wanted to show it works.

Nemisis-inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aw, sad.

The japanese chaos rings 3 cartridge comes with all 3 games? I thought it only had 3 and thr rest was download code.

Awakeningdragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks to you for doing this translation! I played all previous games from this great saga. My Vita is waiting for you to acomplish your hard work. I don't know how to help you 'cause I have no idea about hex editing and the whole thing. But you have all my support! Btw, sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina. "Ganbare!"

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've converted all the English images to the correct format for reinsertion.
The phone version uses PVRTC images while the Vita uses GXT, so I used PVRTexTool to decode them and then psp2gxt to reencode.
2QwAl2z.jpg
j4UiWdg.jpg
It looks messed up because I didn't reimport the alpha channel images (still haven't made a reimporter, new files were 16 bytes larger than the originals), but I wanted to show it works.
?
T8n85d7.jpg
TmirmiF.jpg
ZV20hj1.jpg

Reactions: Awakeningdragon

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HYPE! @zzzzzzzzzzz Thanks!

BTW to the ones that have played the prequels ON VITA, it´s only touch controls or can those games be played with the pad/stick/physical buttons?

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?