Hacking Channel Forwader .wad for a WiiWare game installed on SD card

• Thread starter angelboy777
  • Start date
  • Views 1,555
  • Replies 4
A

angelboy777

OP
How do I make a channel that is installed on the Wii System memory, that forwards to the WiiWare game on my SD card?

Example: I have Mega Man 10 on my SD card. Because it is about 115 blocks, I put it on my SD card, but I don't want to click the SD card logo on the bottom left corner, I want a channel that is installed on the Wii System Memory (about 5-45 blocks) that forwards to Mega Man 10 on the SD card,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The games stored on the SD menu are not launched from SD.
they are transfered to the Wii NAND before being launched.

You can't forward to launch them directly.
You need to access the SD menu which copy/unpack the encrypted .bin file to your wii, so you need enough free space on your Wii to play the game.

If you have enough space on your Wii to unpack your game, I think it's possible to make a program which automate the process directly from a channel.
YABDM (Yet Another Blue dump mod) can unpack .bin files to wad, the code used to do that could be compiled as a channel program and used to unpack the bin to NAND instead or wad and launch the game.

It will take the forwarder/unpacker installed channel Block size (per game) + the actual game block size.

I don't know where the game is stored as I never tried that SD menu.
Is the game installed as hidden channel ?
It's deleted automatically next time you launch another game from SD menu?
is SD menu telling you that you have enough free block before deleting current installed game to install next one?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The games stored on the SD menu are not launched from SD.
they are transfered to the Wii NAND before being launched.

You can't forward to launch them directly.
You need to access the SD menu which copy/unpack the encrypted .bin file to your wii, so you need enough free space on your Wii to play the game.

If you have enough space on your Wii to unpack your game, I think it's possible to make a program which automate the process directly from a channel.
YABDM (Yet Another Blue dump mod) can unpack .bin files to wad, the code used to do that could be compiled as a channel program and used to unpack the bin to NAND instead or wad and launch the game.

can't he just go into the wii options->data management->channels and copy it back to the console?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A lot of users think that the games are stored and launched from SD as it works like the system menu. But like you said, it works like the data management. user need to reinstall it back to the console before launching it.

the only difference is you need to copy it back manually if you store your channels using the data management menu.
The SD menu is only adding a "nice visual" by displaying animated banners, but it's only a shortcut to data management. it silently reinstall it back to the console before launching it, but only one at a time.
The user still need enough free space to launch the game.

I have a suggestion if you want to launch a channel without making space on your wii:
Use Yet Another Blue dump Mod, extract your channel installed on SD to Wad
Created an EmuNAND on your SD
install the channel to SD emuNAND, launch the channel using a loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully