Hacking Channel '?', can I delete it safely?

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a channel called ??? in my channels menu and I was wondering if I could delete it without bricking my wii. My wii is softmodded and on version 4.2u.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
remod your wii using modmii. tell it your wii is virgin. this will give you all the latest updates for your mods. aswell as update you to 4.3 (joostinonline will tell you to stay on 4.2 but its YOUR choice if you want to update or not((both SM versions are completely hackable without an exploitable game)))

run modmii, its in the stickies. tell it your wii is virgin, tell it you want 4.3(that last one is my personal OPINION)

btw correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ??? channel the dvdx hack? install iOS 58, as dvdx has become obsolete now that ahbprot is available.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remodding the Wii wont get rid of any channels, so I doubt that would fix it. You should be fine to delete it, I doubt it will cause any problems.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had a ??? channel once. It didn't show in the system menu, but it did in showmiiwads (when I backed it up and looked at it) and in that "remove a channel" menu from the wii. It's hard to say what it was (I install way too much stuff on there), but it didn't brick when I removed it.

My guess would also be that it was dvdx (which is indeed outdated now), but I'm not sure.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DVDX is a hidden channel, and it shows up as DVDX in both ShowMiiWads and AnyTitleDeleter.

Before you delete it, would you please dump it with Wii Mod for me? I'd very much like to take a look at it.

Just go into AnyTitleManager, Installed Channels, and choose to dump the channel titled ???? to a wad.

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is in the Data Managment in the System Menu. I can't figure out how to dump it into anything but a cvs or txt file. I'm trying to use AnyTitleDeleter.

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm in the proper section, however a few questions.

A few entries say 'Maybe Channel Moved to SD and there are a few channels that I removed such as Blaster Master which is gone but the entry is still here. The channel entry is still here. Also, can I remove system channels such as Everyone Votes Channel safely?

Also, I can't seem to backup anything. It states 'Error reading content'

Edit: I figured out what it is. It's the Configurable USB Loader Forwarder. Sorry about all this.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you delete it, would you please dump it with Wii Mod for me? I'd very much like to take a look at it.
This used to happen when making custom channels if you didn't use lz77 compression on the icon/banner images. You can make one yourself pretty easily with CustomizeMii - load almost any custom wad and turn off lz77 compression in the Options tab, then create the wad.

I say "almost any" because a very simple static banner will probably appear fine in data managment. Whether this happens or not seems to be based on the size of banner.bin, above a certain size it will ?/???.

This seems to be one of the few areas where Ninty put in some error checking on banners. Shame they didn't do it on the main system menu as this would have prevented more than a few banner bricks!

http://imageshack.us...questioniq.png/

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that same problem , the ??? chan when trying to delete , I think I still have one and it has something to do with neo gamma lol .......anyway , the ??? chans should be ok to delete ....once apon a time I had 2 , did some digging on the files , as in when they where created ect ..... I safely deleted the one .....as for my current , havent gotten around to it yet , hell , I just deleted old home brew that was for updating ( it was 2 years old hacks lol )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...