Changing Wii Region fail

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by veganjustice, Oct 14, 2010.

Oct 14, 2010

Changing Wii Region fail by veganjustice at 2:23 AM (1,078 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. veganjustice
    OP

Newcomer veganjustice Advanced Member

United States
    I have searched through a few pages, and either I am searching the wrong phrases, or I just give up before the 10th page of results...

I have a 4.2E PAL Wii, modded with the great pack to mod any Wii 4.3 and below. I am trying to change the Wii to 4.2U, or at least some NTSC firmware version, but when loading AnyRegionChanger I get the * Error! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026) error, which says to do this to fix it:
    Then you probably don't have a IOS with the Signing bug, and you should use the Trucha Bug Restorer in order to enable the features of AnyRegion Changer.

With this not being a huge deal or needed much any more, and it being deleted from the complete softmod site, anyone offer up another suggestion?

I have tried some of the other mods, but they give me other errors. I am stuck on this, and I'd really like to get this changed, it wouldn't be a big issue because I can change the region the games load as, but it is b/w and doesn't fit on my NTSC screen.

I did search, for a long time, please don't get angry if it was offered right away, I could of been searching the wrong phrases.

If this has been offered, and you found it, just give me the phrase you used, I'll find it myself, haha.

Thanks!

2. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Do u have a NAND backup cause this app can potentially Brick ur Wii!?

Also Install IOS236 (Latest version) that may help considering... it preloaded with all the necessary patches 2 run the app!!

3. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    Yes, I have a NAND back up. It does have IOS236 installed. I'll try giving it another install, maybe it wasn't the latest version.

Is there anything for just changing the output from PAL to NTSC tv? I don't necessarily need to change the region, just need to be able to view it on an NTSC tv, as that conversion is horrible which some of you may know.

4. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Try to force video mode before. I don't know which loader you use, but there must be a "Force PAL/NTSC video mode".

5. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    On my personal Wii I usually play from discs(I have a chip in it), so this Wii was possibly going to be the same, so if I use a loader on this Wii that supports disc play, and force the video mode, will that change everything on the Wii? Even the System Menu? Or just that loader and games loaded from it?

6. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    It will only change the games that run on that loader!

7. veganjustice
    OP

United States

Okay, thanks. I just can't get any of these region changers to work, buggin me. haha

8. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    its probably because you have cIOS249 rev20. change that to cIOS249 rev17 and you will be all set. its a risky procedure, but for some reason rev20 does not have es_identify enabled. priiloader will fail on installation as well. i have always stuck with 17 in 249, and rev20 in slot 250 and 248 in case i need them.

but i am sure going to rev17 will fix your problem. just don't delete the current one, reinstall 17 over top and it will overwrite your current cios249.

edit: post 1000 yay!

9. veganjustice
    OP

United States
    Awesome, I'll give that a shot tonight, thanks for the info