Hacking Changing to begged hdd for back ups

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use haxchi with a 120gb thumb drive at the moment and planning to change to a 1tb hdd, my question is will I be able to copy the thumb drives games to the hdd with the wii u menus? As it is now I have a option to copy to system memory and I'm hoping I'll be able to see both drives and copy my stuff over when the time comes, is this possible as I read somewhere the wii will only see 1 hdd at a time or is that only for nintendont? Thanks

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should see both drives and although you'll have to use the wii u internal copy system which takes ages to copy. It should copy without a problem.

I done the same when I moved from 1tb to 500gb drive

Last edited by yusuo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I use haxchi with a 120gb thumb drive at the moment and planning to change to a 1tb hdd, my question is will I be able to copy the thumb drives games to the hdd with the wii u menus? As it is now I have a option to copy to system memory and I'm hoping I'll be able to see both drives and copy my stuff over when the time comes, is this possible as I read somewhere the wii will only see 1 hdd at a time or is that only for nintendont? Thanks
If it's a self-powered HDD you're going to need an Y-cable otherwise the Wii U doesn't provide enough power.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a self-powered HDD you're going to need an Y-cable otherwise the Wii U doesn't provide enough power.
sometimes even with a y-cable the wii u still doesnt provide enough power. so as i've mentioned before you have to connect the supplementary plug of the y-cable to an external power source.

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a y cable the secondary cable goes in the bottom port doesn't it and the main (data) cable the top, I was going to do that with a 2.5 sata in a enclosure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout