Hacking Changing the theme of your Wii

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, I'm on 4.0E with BootMii as boot2 so I could probably just brick my 5 times until I get it right, but I might as well do it right right from the start.

I found a theme I would like to install, DarkWii Theme, which I found here:

http://wadder.net/wiki/index.php/Mym_Repository

It says "Any Wii" so I guess it works for both 3.2 up to 4.0?

So I've downloaded that and got the file "DarkWii.mym".
So what do I do next? It seems that I'll need the app "MyMenu" and some sort of app file to install using the right region:

* 00000042.app is from NTSC 3.2
* 00000045.app is from PAL 3.2
* 00000072.app is from NTSC 4.0
* 00000075.app is from PAL 4.0 - This is the one I should try and get, where can I get it?
* 0000007b.app is from NTSC 4.1

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Euhm... Okay.
mellow.gif

I do have the best brick protection available and I'm not a total n00b when it comes to hardware and soft modding, I just want some guidelines to follow.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the greatest one said:
don't download any themes they just brick. don't you read anything. I got into the modding scene cause it looked cool but they don't work.

don't listen to that tool. themes work fine if you know what you're doing. all you need to do is download mymenu, get ahold of 00000075.app (i'm assuming you're on a PAL wii). apply the .mym file to the .app file with mymenu. add the packed file to your SD card and install it with mymenuify.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
preloader is a must when using themes so if you get a bad theme and get "your system files are corrupt" you can access the HomeBrewChannel and install a theme that you know works and it's back to booting normal

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I can't seem to find the file "00000075.app". I've tried using the NUSD Downloader but it keeps saying "Common Key (key.bin) missing! Decryption disabled!", and I'm not sure that is a good or a bad thing. And then usinging "WADer"... I know it's ilegal to sare .csm-files but is it also ilegal to share these .app-files, or is no one sharing them because of they are Uniqe to your Wii or anything?
Otherwise I've also got MyMenuify and the theme file I want ready, so I guess I only need the "00000075.app"

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the PM but that dosen't really help. :/
As I said, I've tried using the NUSD V 1.2, but I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to have a .bin file which it seems to ask for, and I've put in the right numbers and now I have a folder with some files, one of the files is a .wad file. I don't really know what to do next, and I'll ask again.

Is it as well ilegal to host those .app-files, or is no one hosting them because they are somehow uniqe to your Wii?

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Izzy said:
Thanks for the PM but that dosen't really help. :/
As I said, I've tried using the NUSD V 1.2, but I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to have a .bin file which it seems to ask for, and I've put in the right numbers and now I have a folder with some files, one of the files is a .wad file. I don't really know what to do next, and I'll ask again.

Is it as well ilegal to host those .app-files, or is no one hosting them because they are somehow uniqe to your Wii?

it's illegal to host the app files..

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm okay, but what about the .bin file NUSDv12 keeps asking about?
And it seems that I should have one when duing some installing with WADer on my PC.

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay everything worked as well now, I missunderstood one thing.
I've tried going around in the System Menu; Data Management, Wii Settings, Message Board, everything works.

Thanks alot.
smile.gif

(PS: I just realized I've been a member of gbatemp for exactly 2 years now, wiho ^__^)

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brand0dotcom said:
themes work fine if you know what you're doing. all you need to do is download mymenu, get ahold of 00000075.app (i'm assuming you're on a PAL wii). apply the .mym file to the .app file with mymenu. add the packed file to your SD card and install it with mymenuify.
agreed

Izzy, get a program called FStoolbox or FS-Dump and dump your nand from HBC. In the folder you just dumped go to the /shared1 folder and find your 00000075.app. Then do the above quote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia