Hacking Change IOS a Channel/WAD Uses

MWisBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically those 'DevCerts' on the Wii Backup Disc (aka PInk Fish Disc) can be repacked to a normal WAD for retail Wiis if you decrypt them using the dev-key and then encrypt the decrypted stuff with the common-key, and I did just so and then replaced the WAD files on the Wii Backup Disc with the repacked ones. I ran the disc and it installed the DevCerts just fine! But here is the thing, ShowMiiWads reports that these WADs use IOS3, of which we only have a stub version. I wonder why Nintendo released an IOS3 stub? Well now we know! If these WADs could be changed to use IOS9 or something they would probably do something different.

We can change what IOS a game uses, why not a WAD?
yay.gif

MWisBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm going to try just installing IOS9 into the IOS3 slot using DOP-Mii, and if that doesn't work then I'll switch the TMD.

MWisBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. DOP-Mii wouldn't let me install IOS9 to the IOS3 slot, but it supported IOS4 and up. -.- . I used ShowMiiWads Mono to patch IOS9 v520 to install to IOS3 slot and installed that wad with WAD Manager. I still have yet to notice any difference, but I haven't done much digging around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.