OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend has a O3DS XL and the hinges are breaking, and he's going to buy a 2ds, (No hinges) But he has CFW (luma and alh9) and will need to do a system transfer. How can he safely do a system transfer? He has some custom cias installed, as well as some game cias and i've heard those won't be transferred but i'm not entirely sure.
If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has a O3DS XL and the hinges are breaking, and he's going to buy a 2ds, (No hinges) But he has CFW (luma and alh9) and will need to do a system transfer. How can he safely do a system transfer? He has some custom cias installed, as well as some game cias and i've heard those won't be transferred but i'm not entirely sure.
If anyone could help me out that'd be great!
There might be an easier way to do it, but here's what I would do:
  1. Use JKSM to backup any important savegames. You'll very likely need to do this to restore some, if not all, of your savegames. This is always a smart thing to do even if you're not planning on performing a system transfer.
  2. Install A9LH and CFW to the 2DS BEFORE updating it. Follow this guide on the 2DS as soon as you pull it out of the box (if on 11.3 or lower): https://3ds.guide/
  3. Once both 3DS systems have A9LH and Luma3DS installed, make sure they're on 11.4 and do the system transfer.
  4. Reinstall the CIA files you want to the 2DS and use JKSM to restore any savegames from Step 1 that need to be restored because they didn't transfer over.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: 68scorpio

68scorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
There might be an easier way to do it, but here's what I would do:
  1. Use JKSM to backup any important savegames. You'll very likely need to do this to restore some, if not all, of your savegames. This is always a smart thing to do even if you're not planning on performing a system transfer.
  2. Install A9LH and CFW to the 2DS BEFORE updating it. Follow this guide on the 2DS as soon as you pull it out of the box: https://3ds.guide/
  3. Once both 3DS systems have A9LH and Luma3DS installed, make sure they're on 11.4 and do the system transfer.
  4. Reinstall the CIA files you want to the 2DS and use JKSM to restore any savegames from Step 1 that need to be restored because they didn't transfer over.
Alright, thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks.
If the 2DS arrives on 11.4 already, you don't have many options regarding the transfer of titles that were installed from CIA files. As you're probably aware, the 2DS needs to be on 11.3 or lower to install A9LH and CFW to it.

If the 2DS is on 11.4 and you still plan on using it, you should install all of the legit/signed 3DS game tickets onto the broken 3DS before the system transfer. Those tickets should transfer to the 2DS, and the corresponding games should be able to be downloaded from the eShop on the 2DS.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: 68scorpio

68scorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
If the 2DS arrives on 11.4 already, you don't have many options regarding the transfer of titles that were installed from CIA files. As you're probably aware, the 2DS needs to be on 11.3 or lower to install A9LH and CFW to it.

If the 2DS is on 11.4 and you still plan on using it, you should install all of the legit/signed 3DS game tickets on the broken 3DS before the system transfer. Those tickets should transfer to the 2DS, and the corresponding games should be able to be downloaded on the 2DS.
Okay, i doubt he'd be buying it online though, and most of them in stores have 11.3, some even have 11.2 or lower. So i don't think it would be that much of an issue

68scorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'll be an issue either, which is why I didn't mention it at first.
Thanks for letting me know though. Nintendo probably won't be sending out new stock of the 2DS because they're so busy with the Switch.
On my 2ds i haven't even updated to 11.4 yet and i have the same CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1