Homebrew CFW Questions

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I am a noob to the 3DS Hacking Communiy. I have recently bought my sister a new 3ds XL with 9.2 Firmware, she later on upgraded her 3DS to 11.0 firmware. I later on bought FreakyForms Deluxe from someone on here, so I can run, and launch Homebrew on her 3DS

On topic though;
I been having concerns of 11.0 Firmware blocking most Homebrew Opurtunites like Emulation, backing up the NAND, and so on, which is still possible to run those types of hacks on a 3DS with 11.0 firmware but you would need to setup a hardmod for the 3DS in order to give it NAND Brick Protection, and for using online features on a hacked 3DS.

I have been researching through guides, and tutorials and both have concerned me since some guides may be outdated, or incorrect with methods we use to get CFW today.

You can technically use a flashcart to backup your NAND but there would be no way of recovering it through the hardmod.

So can anyone confirm this please? As well as;
- 11.0 CFW/hardmod Installment is stable (Chances of brick are rare, if not have no sign of bricks.)
- Do you need to downgrade your 3DS to 9.X in order to install a CFW "completely"
- CFW can do the following, give brick protection, playing ROM's off of a SD Card, playing emulators, make it so you can cheat online in games without getting banned, provide online functionallity for lower FW versions of a 3DS.
- CFW installment uses a Hardmod method which reads a SD Card, that SD Card can be taken into a device, where that device can plug it in to your PC/Laptop so it can read the SD Card allowing CFW to be installed.
- CFW is not necessarily needed.

I am just making sure I am doing the right thing. Becuase I don't want to screw my sister over if I brick her device. Thanks!

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
1-Yes, it is as long as you don't screw up in the guide
2-yes
3-cheating online without getting banned? PLEASE, ofc not. A9LH gives brick protection
4-you must be talking about hardmod downgraded
5-yes it is needed to play custom things like playing pirated games, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.