Hacking Cfw: Iso freeze and can't access recovery mode.

Metallation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys! I have a PsP 3001 with cfw 6.60. So I just installed the gpSP-KAI GBA emulator and it was working fine for a few days (was playing pokemon hehe ). Then I exited the emulator and suddenly no iso will load on my psp. Pro Update and Fast Recovery freeze mid-load, CIPL Flasher and the emulator are giving a corrupted data message. In addition to this I can't enter recovery mode. I have tried formatting the memory card but unfortunately my knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff stops there. Any advise would be amazing!

Metallation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I will try to find one but is there any way to completely reset everything on psp? Factory settings and hard reset don't work obviously :/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why would you have cIPL Flasher on a PSP-3001? In any case, you can access the recovery menu from the VSH - just press select when in the XMB. I'm assuming that your SD card/Memory Stick is simply corrupted, do you remember ever shutting down your system improperly? Running out of battery, maybe? If you don't have a seplugins folder, simply create one and try again - that should do the trick just fine.

Metallation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know dude, I just got a PSP a couple of years ago when I was in the army, installed a cfw and left it like that. I can't access recovery menu it will not open. Ok from what I can understand I need to get my hands on a new memory card and see what happens. Thank you both for your replies :D.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use something like Chronoswitch to do a fresh install of your firmware if it's partially bricked. It's designed for 3000 models, so it's probably safe. 3000s have always been a nightmare to work with when it came to homebrew. Hope it turns out okay.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Massive Necrobump in Progress. Unsigned software pops up as corrupt data and ISO's don't show up at all in the OFW, so his PSP probably rebooted into OFW Mode and since he can't use the Perm Patch due to being on 6.60, he has to use Fast Recovery to return to the CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...