Hacking PSP not accepting ISOs (Also problems with emulators)

YoungHollow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, right now I have two problems. I'll tell you about my PSP before I go into those.

-PSP 2000

- Infinity 2 (with PRO C2) CFW

- 128 gb memory (if that matters-- worked before. verefied it with h2test or whatever it's called)

Basically what's happening is that:

Up until like 3 days ago, I was able to drag and drop ISO files into my PSP. No problem at all. Had like 10 games running. Suddenly I try to install a couple emulators and a bunch of isos (70 gigs worth) and I can no longer get isos on my PSP. It says that the card has space missing (as in the 70 gigs was taken up) but the games either don't show up at all, or show up as corrupted data. I saw online that it might be my lack of the plugin called "game categories" or something, but I can't figure out how to install that.

I also have an issue with the gPSP emulator. I'm trying to run a ROM of Pokemon Ultra Quartz (Ruby rom hack I think) and whenever I start the ROM (in the correct folder) my PSP either shuts itself off or shows the gameboy loading screen and nothing else. I can't actually access the game. I've confirmed it's not the ROM-- works fine on mGBA (on my pc)

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP can only display so many icons so splitting them into categories using that plugin will fix that.

https://reddit.com/r/PSP/wiki/categorieslite

Grab the final 1.7 version and follow the steps to install it.

As for the gpSP issue it could be that romhack simply not being compatible, gpSP on the PSP has not been updated in many years.

YoungHollow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP can only display so many icons so splitting them into categories using that plugin will fix that.

Grab the final 1.7 version and follow the steps to install it.

As for the gpSP issue it could be that romhack simply not being compatible, gpSP on the PSP has not been updated in many years.
my issue is that i don't have a vsh.txt or something like that in there. what do i do?

YoungHollow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it, it's just a text file.
did that. the last step says to "reset the VSH from the recovery menu" and the system settings menu will have new stuff in it. how do i do that? i went into recovery mode through the vsh menu and i dont see anything about resetting it

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing plugins and editing their corresponding text files accordingly, you need to also enable them from the recovery menu (and restart again).

Provided they copy pasted the line from the reddit wiki then it should be activated already, when you enable or disable a plugin in VSH or recovery all it does is change the line for that plugin so it ends in 1 for enabled or 0 for disabled.

@YoungHollow
On you computer do you have file extensions enabled? if not then your file is named wrong.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sear...enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

You'll want to be sure the file is "VSH.txt" and not "VSH.txt.txt"

Last edited by fate6,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs