Cemu v1.15.11 released

cemulogo2-png.157415

It's time for another Cemu update! Version 1.15.11 has just been publicly released which improves the handling of updates & DLC in several ways (better content type detection, automatic backup & restore in case of a failed install and other under the hood enhancements), shader changes in preparation of the upcoming Vulkan renderer (if you are a developer, you may want to check those in better detail by reading the changelog, otherwise your shaders may only be compatible with the OpenGL backend in the future), more functions for the built-in debugger and your usual dose of bug fixes.

Here is the full official changelog:
Changelog said:
# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.15.11c
# Patreon release date: 2019-07-26
# Public release date: 2019-08-02

# New in 1.15.11c:

GX2: Fixed emulation of gl_PointSize when geometry shaders are used

# New in 1.15.11b:

general: Fixed a bug where DLC would be installed into the wrong location
GX2: Fixed broken transform feedback on OpenGL (#157, #159)

# New in 1.15.11:

general: Better update/dlc handling
Updated mlc01 folder locations for updates and dlc to match those of an actual Wii U
Newly installed updates and dlc will be stored at the new locations, while previously installed ones are still detected properly
Improved detection of type of content (affects installation and gamelist)
Installing updates/dlc will now backup previously installed content and restore it on failure/cancelation

debugger: Implemented more instructions for assembler and disassembler
debugger: Assembler now supports basic expressions in place of constants
debugger: Fixed a crash when stepping into imports

coreinit: Fixed OSUninterruptibleSpinLock_Acquire() not restoring interrupts before switching to the scheduler

nn_erreula: Fixed a bug where the same message would keep poping up

padscore: Opening the input configuration window no longer temporarily disconnects the emulated controllers
padscore: Fixed PPC stack corruption caused by KPADSamplingCallback (#140)

nn_fp: IsOnline() now only returns true if there is an established friend server session. This should fix crashes or softlocks in games that only worked in online mode

GX2: Shader tweaks to bridge the gap between OpenGL and the upcoming Vulkan renderer
If you are a graphic pack developer, be aware of these changes:
- All shaders are now generated with a Vulkan and OpenGL compatible header using #ifdef / #endif preprocessor directives
- gl_Position should always be set via the new SET_POSITION() macro
- Shaders used in combination with point primitives always have to write gl_PointSize
- Point shaders that get their point size from renderstate have a new uniform variable (uf_pointSize)
- Primitive points will modify the vertex shader base hash (+0x71)
Existing custom shaders remain compatible with the OpenGL backend, except for vertex/geometry shaders used in combination with GL_POINTS which need to be updated

Note:
(#xx) refers to bug tracker issues resolved by this change. See http://bugs.cemu.info/projects/cemu/

Cemu v1.15.11 can be downloaded by going to its official website (linked below) or, if you already have version 1.15.10 installed, by using its included auto-updater.

:arrow: Source
:download: Downloads

Last edited by RattletraPM,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@azoreseuropa[/USER] Outdated in 5+ years? Ok I'm fine with that this is a future proof build is it not? Tell that to the Apple drones who spend the same amount on I-phones each year lol.
Anyway we should talk more about CEMU sorry if my specs angered a few folks here.

HAHAHAHA! Ok. Nothing to do with angered a few folks here.. That is just the truth. Anyway move on.

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh nooo XP
I just realized I’ve never correctly updated Cemu before

I never liked overwriting everything all the time as I am nervous something will get overwritten that I didn't want to like settings. I think the new ones have an update button or setting. I wonder if that can handle things like updating cemuhook.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if my Pc could always handle this or this update fixed it enough to but wow getting near constant 60fps witg few frame drops on my shitty i5 (not sure exact model but i built this pc 5 years ago) and gtx 970 with8gb ram. All this time I thought I’d need much better specs to run it decently.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a solid 50fps on botw with a i4770k and 1060. Haven't tried new version but was waiting on vulkan.

I want to upgrade as my pc is going on about 6 years now with the only upgrade being the video card that i got for free cause of warranty replacement. However im in that weird space where any upgrade requires both a brand new motherboard and new ram.

So new motherboard ram cpu and gpu thats damn near a whole new computer minus the disk drives and psu lol. And i got to get a new case as well.

My pc still runs pretty much anything i throw at it even if i do have to lower the settings a bit. But it's definitely showing it's age when it comes to streaming and rendering.

Last edited by phillyrider807,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.