Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i installed CBHC and its working great (just using the sig patch/region patch sysnand with it anyways.. it says "DONT TOUCH ME" when i hover over it or pick it up..does that mean i cant like move it to my last channel slot? or does that just mean not to put it on usb because i know not to do that lol...it just looks ugly on my first page with all my games and wanted to make sure i could move it to a diffrent slot before doing so...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so i installed CBHC and its working great (just using the sig patch/region patch sysnand with it anyways.. it says "DONT TOUCH ME" when i hover over it or pick it up..does that mean i cant like move it to my last channel slot? or does that just mean not to put it on usb because i know not to do that lol...it just looks ugly on my first page with all my games and wanted to make sure i could move it to a diffrent slot before doing so...
It just means to not move to USB and not delete. You can move it to another channel slot - that's purely a cosmetic change.

Reactions: MattKimura

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
couldn't Nintendo easily detect a version higher than their latest and ban consoles?
No (for the same reason some of us are skeptical of this actually blocking updates), the displayed version number is mainly cosmetical, it's the version of the individual system titles themselves compared to Nintendo's list that determines if there's an update

On 3DS, the only version the multiplayer servers see is the game's version (a title's version number) and the friends driver version (a constant programmed into the driver)

And my WiiU has been 9.2.0 for almost a month ;)

I was wondering if there was any way to outright kill the update process for the system...
Cattura.PNG
This option is also adjustable with SystemConfigTool, but if it's like a 3DS, only developer consoles (or with unitinfo patch) care about that option

Custom DNS work fine anyway, tbfw

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just means to not move to USB and not delete. You can move it to another channel slot - that's purely a cosmetic change.
thanks for that answer i figured as much but i wanted to make sure ..dont wanna have a expensive paper weight

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! Boots the system menu super fast and with all the patches I like from sig_patcher. Makes it skip a step for me now. Thanks so much for making this! Love you forever

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I ran into a problem with updating. I just downloaded the latest haxchi and CBHC. I installed/updated haxchi first like it says. Then I installed/updated CBHC. But it's stuck on this screen.

http://i.imgur.com/nKQ1Z6H.jpg

What should I do?
reboot (hold power button) and see if cbhc works ur wiiu just froze you can't do anything really

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks. It worked. So one question. Since this update puts the firmware at 99.99.99 does that mean I no longer have to use the DNS blocking codes?
Use it just in case u never know what nintendo can do to force u update. If a system update drops and nintendo manage to update ur wiiu it might destroy cbhc installation and brick ur wiiu.

disastermaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys

I followed this tutorial and got the haxchi to work:
After that I tried to install the coldboot with the tutorial in this thread, but stuck in the bootloop. Fixed it, and uninstalled the CBHC... so back to the start.
Is there a possibility to get the Haxchi-installation I have done with the youtube-tutorial coldbooting?

Last edited by disastermaster,

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys

After that I tried to install the coldboot with the tutorial in this thread, but stuck in the bootloop. Fixed it, and uninstalled the CBHC... so back to the start.
Is there a possibility to get the Haxchi-installation I have done with the youtube-tutorial coldbooting?

Had you loaded a CFW before installing cbhc? or had a usb connected?

disastermaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In minute 4:40 you see the guy starting CFW Booter, I also did this exactly the same way as described in the video. No USB-Harddisk was connected, only two guitar hero transmitter.

efharisto poli file. apo pou ise?

Last edited by disastermaster,

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys

Don't use YouTube videos, they can be outdated (CFW Booter was used 2-3 months ago...)
If you have a DS VC title, run CBHC installer, install CBHC, when it boots just set "Autoboot System Menu" and install everything you want, that's it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and the video contains a link to a fw.img and it's against the forum rules so, remove that video

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In minute 4:40 you see the guy starting CFW Booter, I also did this exactly the same way as described in the video. No USB-Harddisk was connected, only two guitar hero transmitter.

efharisto poli file. apo pou ise?
Are you using mocha cfw?

(eimai apo kriti XD ellinas pou asxoleite me homebrew sto wiiu o.o that's really interesting xD) (bwreis na me breis sto fb eukola psakse me xD)

EDIT: I realized that you launched another precompiled fw.img which could also be outdated and maybe outdated with the current version of cbhc or current version of cbhc has problems if you have loaded a CFW I am not sure but try deleting haxchi after u have removed cbhc, remove any USB u have connected and re-download the DS game and only load homebrew launcher via loadiine.ovh (use version 1.3 if 1.4 freezes ur wiiu) then install haxchi reboot ur console and then launch hbl through haxchi and not a CFW and finally install cbhc and dont delete or move to usb this title again

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. It worked. So one question. Since this update puts the firmware at 99.99.99 does that mean I no longer have to use the DNS blocking codes?

In theory, yes, but it's never been tested against a real world scenario, since Nintendo has not updated past 5.5.1 for him to test ... :)

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so i have successfully installed cbhc!!

EDIT: Or so i thought.. On 1st boot the system menu is not patched!!! if i tap on the DONT TOUCH ME ICON it runs through the autoboot screen and the menu is patched, just not from a cold boot..

Anyone know whats going on??

EDIT AGAIN: Fixed it :)

Last edited by nikeymikey,

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Right so i have successfully installed cbhc!! How do i install The Homebrew Launcher to my system menu?

Also which DNS servers should i be using nowadays,tubehax is dead is it not??
if you get to loadiine.ovh from ur pc or phone it has useful info and it shows some DNS and the best for u to choose is the DNS u see with the lowest ping (with less ms) set the best for u as primary and set the 2nd best for u as secondary

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you get to loadiine.ovh from ur pc or phone it has useful info and it shows some DNS and the best for u to choose is the DNS u see with the lowest ping (with less ms) set the best for u as primary and set the 2nd best for u as secondary

Ok cheers but do you have any idea about my other problem??? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo