Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why? I want install haxchi again because i use it for like a channel for MOCHA. I already have the channel of HBL
You can boot Mocha through CBHC's menu eighter from HBL Channel. You can install haxchi anyway, but I say to you that someone was experimenting issues for having both CBHC and Haxchi titles, just saying...

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? I want install haxchi again because i use it for like a channel for MOCHA. I already have the channel of HBL

I have no why he is suggesting it's dangerous. You're fine to install Haxchi after CBHC. I Suppose if you installed Haxchi over your CBHC title and misconfigured it in a way it didn't launch anything you'd be boned. Just don't be that level of negligent and you'll be fine.

Edit: I see Billy's explanation now. I say just do it. I don't see what issues it would cause but you can always delete the Haxchi title if it does.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have no why he is suggesting it's dangerous. You're fine to install Haxchi after CBHC. I Suppose if you installed Haxchi over your CBHC title and misconfigured it in a way it didn't launch anything you'd be boned. Just don't be that level of negligent and you'll be fine.

Edit: I see Billy's explanation now. I say just do it. I don't see what issues it would cause but you can always delete the Haxchi title if it does.
Don't suggest that, I'm saving him from a heart attack :P

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I hope that things will evolve even further on the Wii U in the future, I finally decided to try CHBC and see for myself. I really like that I don't have to rely on the Wii U's Browser to launch the HBL anymore. Also, Haxchi and CHBC are probably the fastest way I ever hacked a console with. So once again big thanks to Fix94, Dimok and all the others that are somehow involved with the developements in the Wii U scene. It still feels like we just took our first steps in terms of hacking the Wii U, but I hope with enough time and patience things might evolve a little bit further. I'm excited to see what other homebrew projects will make it onto the Wii U and how much potential the console truly has. Oh, before I forget: Merry Christmas, everyone :) At least it's still Christmas Eve where I live.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't suggest that, I'm saving him from a heart attack :P

I apreciate the fact that you're lookin out. He'll be fine though. It's not like the Wii U bricks for no reason. Installing Haxchi in addition to CBHC won't cause any issues. I don't know what issues you were referring to but it's more likely down to CFW or something. Haxchi is just an overwritten DS title. In and of itself it has zero potential to affect the rest of the system.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
been not following for weeks

to put it shortly I gather this is the best bester bestest hacking solution for the wiiU currently

except you can brick if you accidentally reinstall the NDS game you use for the exploit

couldn't the devs implement a safeguard to avoid that? a blacklist to block the NDS game from being reinstalled?

merry christmas

MasterZoen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why do you want to use Mocha? The features are all included in CBHC.

According to this, it doesn't have IOSUhax Node implementation, so that may be why he wants Haxchi to run Mocha. I guess that it's possible he's trying to create a Homebrew that would use FAT32 drives to run Wii U game backups with IOSUhax Node implementation?

Last edited by MasterZoen,
Reactions: sj33

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to this, it doesn't have IOSUhax Node implementation, so that may be why he wants Haxchi to run Mocha. I guess that it's possible he's trying to create a Homebrew that would use FAT32 drives to run Wii U game backups with IOSUhax Node implementation?
while it doesnt have the "normal" iosuhax node there is no real need as I demonstrated with ftpiiu-everywhere as well as retroarch that the one I have does things pretty exactly as you would expect, it even says on the side that it indeed includes a special wupserver.

Guglio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
while it doesnt have the "normal" iosuhax node there is no real need as I demonstrated with ftpiiu-everywhere as well as retroarch that the one I have does things pretty exactly as you would expect, it even says on the side that it indeed includes a special wupserver.
It's possible have more haxchi?

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I need to use mocha when I copy file from/to sd/nand/usb using command line and wupclient.
For example to patch game like Project Zero that it has 3GB+ file to replace and ftpiiu takes so long.
There is a way to do the same with haxchi sysmenu patches? I tried wupclient, but I cannot connect with wiiu

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can access sd and usb from ftp though so you can let it copy to nand directly.
You mean to start your ftpiiu everywhere and how I can use the ftp program to copy from one folder to another instead to copy from remote folder to local folder and vice-versa?

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by balteck,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: