Hacking CBHC and Update blocking

666nyan666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've recently installed CBHC on my Wii U, set up the DNS update blocking as per the guide, but find it kind of annoying to have to either de-activate the DNS or activate NNUpatcher whenever i want to access the eShop or update my games.

With support for the Wii U pretty much dead, am I okay to just use CBHC firmware spoofing or do i risk a surprise update making a mess of my Wii U? Or is there another way to block system updates that's a bit more streamlined?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe you're pretty much safe to do away with the DNS update blocking.
There was a recent firmware update in EUR - all that was required to get CBHC running again after the update was to launch Haxchi manually (the "Don't Touch Me" icon) then rerun the CBHC homebrew installer.

666nyan666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I believe you're pretty much safe to do away with the DNS update blocking.
There was a recent firmware update in EUR - all that was required to get CBHC running again after the update was to launch Haxchi manually (the "Don't Touch Me" icon) then rerun the CBHC homebrew installer.
I'm so glad to hear this. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Now that we can consider that there will not be any update anymore, is it still necessary to manually change the DNS servers to 168.235.092.108 / 081.008.127.020 on a CBHC enabled WiiU ?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Now that we can consider that there will not be any update anymore, is it still necessary to manually change the DNS servers to 168.235.092.108 / 081.008.127.020 on a CBHC enabled WiiU ?
No one said there will be no more updates in the future which can potentially break the cbhc setup. Setup an dns blocker and you're on the safe side. Who knows what nintendo will do in the future.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This is an old thread with pretty old information. Instead of any DNS-based solution, I'd suggest using Gary's UFDiine, which simply deletes the update folder from your NAND. If the folder doesn't exist, any firmware updates will fail. If it turns out you need to update at a future date, you can run UFDiine again to have it restore your update folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if the red x and the update failed to install thing happens with just the update folder having been deleted and without dns? I mean does it behave like the dns blocking, even with no legit update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes