Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding region compatibility. My NES and SNES databases work just fine, so I think this is limited to N64 and SMD only.

N64: All of my ROMs are the European versions. The games I have added all work with (what I assume to be US) meta packs, except for Diddy Kong Racing. The compatibility list mentions borked textures which is what I’m seeing but it’s really bad. Have I done something wrong here or is that just how it is?

SMD: Again, all of my ROMs are European. Some boot, some don’t. Those that don’t display an error message saying they are only intended for PAL systems. Guessing this is a simple fix if I replace the games that don’t work with US versions of the ROMs?

Then there’s Golden Axe 3. Since there isn’t a ROM for it that isn’t Japan native, I get a similar error message (something like “cannot be used on a US system”). Is the only way to get this to work to create a new Database for the Japanese version of the N64 NSO app?

I tend to personally focus on US games compatibility. So I cant speak for any of the PAL dtz's.

With Genesis/Mega Drive, you need to select the appropriate Machine Country option in the Advanced Options column in CaVE. It defaults to US. I dont know much about Genesis games to parse the headers and automatically set that. I was thinking about it, but I just wanted to get CaVE posted publicly.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tend to personally focus on US games compatibility. So I cant speak for any of the PAL dtz's.

With Genesis/Mega Drive, you need to select the appropriate Machine Country option in the Advanced Options column in CaVE. It defaults to US. I dont know much about Genesis games to parse the headers and automatically set that. I was thinking about it, but I just wanted to get CaVE posted publicly.
All makes sense, thank you. Will test later.

As i said, it looks like US meta packs are compatible with EU ROMs. I have the graphical glitches that are mentioned in the compatibility list for DKR, just wanted to check that i hadn't done anything wrong. Doesn't look like it.

If you need a beta tester for US meta packs on EU ROMs for the sake of a complete compatibility list - i'm more than happy to help.

• Haha
Reactions: madafaka

potlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty all involved can someone please try to do the wrestling games
ive got 3 working but.... (new accounts here ;)). ive tried to post it in discord but cant. ill wait til tomorrow. i dont plan to keep using gbatemp forum or any other
could i pm the .dtz to someone? contributions to the community is all i care

games are:
wcw vs nwo world tour
wcw vs nwo revenge
wrestlemania 2k
100% from what i can remember when i had played them on the n64. other wrestling games crashes

@DarkAkuma or anyone in the circle, could i pm you the mediafire link?

Last edited by potlick,

Juny08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
ive got 3 working but.... (new accounts here ;)). ive tried to post it in discord but cant. ill wait til tomorrow. i dont plan to keep using gbatemp forum or any other

games are:
wcw vs nwo world tour
wcw vs nwo revenge
wrestlemania 2k
100% from what i can remember when i had played them on the n64. other wrestling games crashes

wow thanks those are the ones im looking for plus whichever ones get released ty all maybe pm to @DarkAkuma

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

games are:
wcw vs nwo world tour
wcw vs nwo revenge
wrestlemania 2k

https://discord.gg/JHUbxYWw

potlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or u can post on discord also
i went on the link then went on the menu and #nintendo-vc-cc-nso and im able to post there
did and done even changed my status to active and not a nutn. is it cuz im using my phone?

well anyways got 5 comments in and....
it works for all 3 games. if i broke post rules. im sorry and meh. i dont plan to keep the account.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/96kh1dzdmkqw5jw/wrestling.rar/file

edit: forgot to list region. USA
let me know issues? 1 tester 1 switch😂

Attachments

• wrestling.rar
    520 bytes · Views: 74
Last edited by potlick,

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you Dark, this is awesome. Going to wait a bit more so a bit more games get there too, but this is just awesome. Take it from a retro videogamer who values all your effort to bring these ones to the table. Congrats, man.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

potlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we
@potlick Your dtz is literally just my banjo kazooie dtz, renamed. I posted a note for the 3 mentioned games that the dtz works, but i wont do any more without a proper hand made and tested dtz for those games. Thank you for the information though. =)
it is
dont put me on the same seat as those people. ill NEVER take credit for anything. as those 2 words above. it is yours. this started as curiousity and so i wanted to share it. hate it or love. i have no intention of taking credit. plz i d9nt want ant mud fling. oh i renamed it cuz ill forget what file it is. i was afraid that i might of uploaded the wrong file. i had NO intention in hiding it.
i literally can spend 10 or so mins every so and so time to get on the pc depending on my circumstances. with that much time i try to put it into get games to work for my kids

btw darkakuma and those involved.
congrats on cave database

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
we

it is
dont put me on the same seat as those people. ill NEVER take credit for anything. as those 2 words above. it is yours. this started as curiousity and so i wanted to share it. hate it or love. i have no intention of taking credit. plz i d9nt want ant mud fling.
i literally can spend 10-15 mins every so and so time to get on the pc depending on my circumstances. with that much time i try to put it into get games to work for my kids

btw darkakuma and those involved.
congrats on cave database
No worries - the more games that run the better. Thank you for testing.

Reactions: potlick

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If requests are appropriate, I would love for someone to look into the SM64 OoT romhack by Kaze Emanuar. The only help I can offer is that it requires 8mb of memory vs the 4 that vanilla SM64 uses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs