Case Replace

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spas, Feb 6, 2009.

Feb 6, 2009

Case Replace by spas at 8:32 PM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. spas
    OP

Member spas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have a baby blue ds lite and it has had its fair share of bumps and scratchs, so I have decided to replace the case. Is it very hard to do how long does it take on average?

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
  3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I can state that PHAT's are easier to do than LITES mainly because the ribbon cable to the screens is different [​IMG]

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok the first one I tried - took 3 weeks waiting for all the replacement bits I managed to break, the one I have just done took just over an hour.

When you order the case + Tri wing screwdriver, order a new touchscreen (if you are changing the colour of the case the suround changes colour and it is virtually impossible to remove this from the existing touchscreen without damaging it).

Have a tray to catch all the bits that come out (springs from the L & R buttons when taking the back off)

When putting back together use the original tri wing screws NOT the cheap ones that are with the case, make sure you use the right size screws for each part or you will have the screws poking through the plastic.