i been so lazy i have just dumped my nand / keys
im in no rush so ill wait it out

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So you update your console with a 4.1 game?
not yet, i am still on 3.0.2
my question if i updated to 4.1 using a game, or updated to 5.1 using wifi from SX OS, if i restart my switch, will it be on that update?
i am only asking this questions because i havn't touch any hack yet.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
not yet, i am still on 3.0.2
my question if i updated to 4.1 using a game, or updated to 5.1 using wifi from SX OS, if i restart my switch, will it be on that update?
i am only asking this questions because i havn't touch any hack yet.
If you update your system firmware, it's updated forever. Fuses will be burned during the update process.

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i am 3.0.2, i have physical version of zelda that have update 4.1
i boot to SX OS, then updated, it should burn a efuse like normal.
if i return to normal system, it should be updated to 4.1 also, right?

Maybe? But I don't really know how SX OS works because I dont have it, so maybe not. You could try your cart to see if it asks you to update your system while in SX OS, if it doesn't you might not even have to update. But if you do have to update your system it doesnt really matter because you have SX OS. I don't see why you would want or even need a lower firmware if you already have that.

Last edited by Peabutt,

Nemean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so for one i presume this wasn't there when you did the upgrade right? That i presume is new?

LaxWmid.png

So if that's the case this would be a bit of a guide..

04270cs.png

It says launch via hekate / launch firmware. You're NOT doing this with xecuter right?

What you posted says that as it is in AutoRCM mode if it boots normally the fuses would not burn so it does not specify that the only way to avoid fuse burns is using hekate. Which is what i was saying im not looking to blame anybody at the end of the day i wanted to update using the method so i accept all consequences. I understand we dont have all the answers. But when somebody is saying i have not read correctly or saying obviously its hekate that stops the fuse burn then i would like to know what i have not read /where they get this information. As you can see the information you just posted backs up what i am saying that it is AutoRCM which seems to block fuse checks and not Hekate. I have still not see where somebody has said it is Hekate. Based on the paragraph you just quoted if i can boot normally and not burn fuses why would i assume that SX OS would burn fuses. I would assume Nintendo would be more likely to burn my fuses than SX OS.

thanks for the heads up
sorry to hear about you burning some fuses
some times is worth just taking the backseat for this console
i been so lazy i have just dumped my nand / keys
im in no rush so ill wait it out

Yeah TBH im not too bothered as i had decided i was going to update to 5.1 anyway so thought why not give it a try to see if i can have my cake and eat it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but it will boot normally without issues like in this thread, right?

Yes that is correct issues in this thread are only if you have upgraded using the non fuse burn method.

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if the SX OS is burning efuses, that would render the nand backup useless right?
What would happen in case of a brick?
No way of recovery?
Here's a crazy idea... Backup your updated NAND....
Always make backups of NAND when you upgrade ... Or don't upgrade like a regular hacker

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nand backup doesnt matter much if it is a old version and you update, if it burn more efuses, you won't be able to put the backup back again as the needed efuse has been disabled, unless later someone get a way to hack it and make it compatible...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wrote TX about this issue and they replied to me today:

We are aware of this 'burning' fuses issue.
Therefore, we have disabled fuse programming in the next version of SX OS.
This update will be released when a few other important fixes and updates are
ready.
Please be patient, we are working hard to release this first update as soon as
possible.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a little upsetting everyone is throwing shade at OP for his "not following instructions". Just because the upgrade method mentions hekate specifically, it's should also understandable that hekate was the ONLY CFW available at the time of writing the guide. So interchanging one CFW for another this early in the scene's life is easily understandable, and in testing things like this unfortunate side effects are bound to happen like this one.

OP - Thank you for the PSA. I was considering following the upgrade guide mentioned on my 3.0.0 unit and then using my SX Pro with it once it came in, but now knowing this I will be staying on 3.0.0 and only playing 3.0.0 and lower games for now.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OP - Thank you for the PSA. I was considering following the upgrade guide mentioned on my 3.0.0 unit and then using my SX Pro with it once it came in, but now knowing this I will be staying on 3.0.0 and only playing 3.0.0 and lower games for now.
+1
Same here.

Reactions: Nemean

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are aware of this 'burning' fuses issue.
Therefore, we have disabled fuse programming in the next version of SX OS.
This update will be released when a few other important fixes and updates are
ready.
Please be patient, we are working hard to release this first update as soon as
possible.

This is what Nintendo reads:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the info. I was looking into doing the same thing (so far have only used Hekate to dump nand.) Would first using Hekate - CTCaer mod v2.3 and then booting into the sx1.4 cfw have the effect of saving fuses or will it burn them anyway?

I'm on 3.0.2 and was hoping for a warmboot and emunand eventually but it looks like I should probably either stay on 3.0.2 and live with fat32 or just upgrade to latest fw.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the info. I was looking into doing the same thing (so far have only used Hekate to dump nand.) Would first using Hekate - CTCaer mod v2.3 and then booting into the sx1.4 cfw have the effect of saving fuses or will it burn them anyway?

I'm on 3.0.2 and was hoping for a warmboot and emunand eventually but it looks like I should probably either stay on 3.0.2 and live with fat32 or just upgrade to latest fw.
You're replying to an old thread. The latest version of SX OS does not burn fuses.

Reactions: Triptamine

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the quick reply Quantum. The info seems pretty scattered (probably due to the rate of progress since the tegra fiasco,) so I've been looking wherever I can to try and piece together the best way to go about this since about 1.30am aest...just got my dongle and key yesterday and I havent really had much fun with the console scene since 1.50 psp times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [☎️] Hello Stan4d's teacher. Your stude...