card games run slow

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by claudekennilol, Aug 17, 2011.

Aug 17, 2011

card games run slow by claudekennilol at 11:12 PM (666 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any yu gi oh game I've played on my flashcart runs really slow. They work just fine from the cartridge. So my question is this, is it my cyclo? or is it the my micro sd card?

My sd card is this:
    SanDisk class4
    Mobile Ultra
    16 gb micro sdhc
    made in china

before I had that one I had an older 2gb that's the same (but with no class info and not hc (obviously))

So is it the cards, my cart, or are the yu gi oh games require too much for emulating?

2. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    it is your micro sd card

made in japan is usually safe.. made in taiwan/china you can already be suspicious about bad speed

3. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Buy one 8GB-class 10 SD

4. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    that's odd that it only effects card games I've played. I've tried all of 'em on the DS and it's only when the AI is "thinking" that it slows down. I've played hundreds of games and it's only these that I've noticed it on..

So do I need a better class # or just a card made in japan? Any specific brand I should be looking for?

16 gig class 10 like this one work?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820178380
    can't see where it's made, though

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If it's really just "thinking" then yeah I'd say it's an issue with the Cyclo, but it may be loading stuff in the background (and just pretending to be thinking) so the user doesn't know about load issues.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the higher the speed class the faster the write speed, not read. have you tried a full format of your micro sd card using the panasonic formatter?

i did some testing with a kernel developer a while back and the class 4 sandisk has the worst read speed out of the lot.

-another world

7. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    Have you guys actually played the yugioh card games on your ds to know for a fact that it's my memory card? I just got a new one (not that I'm complaining about the new one, it is better) and I've still got the same problem. The "AI thinking dots" (for lack of a better name) sometimes still take too long (I've counted as high as 56 times in a row).

For anyone that's actually played a yugioh game, can someone with multiple flashcarts do a test? It should only take one battle per cart. Specifically, I have a cyclo that I'm having this problem with.